Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack ?

Calamity joe

Im waiting on a gardiner backpack being delivered , it will only be used for upvc cleans coming into the summer here . I’ve bought a upvc cleaner by facelift called “ razrwash” does anyone know if this is safe to mix with water in the backpack or will it damage the pump ??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

9046f65eae4eb0646c220b955ece5022.jpg

I use a lot more stronger chemicals then that through my backpack, so yeh it’ll probably be fine. Just fill the pack up with water & run it through afterwards 

We keep a virosol mix in ours all the time and regularly use them for hypo but rinse this out after use and find they last 3 years + I think that’s good for a cost of around £113 first job pays for it then pure profit 

Likely will reduce the lifespan minorly, although I believe it will immediately invalidate the warranty
emoji106.png

I think using hypo in it will invalidate the warrantee but seam to remember Alex saying it’s ok for most cleaning chemicals give them a call and ask : we don’t worry about the warrantee never had one go wrong for at least 3 years then just get a new one as it’s not worth playing about with it 

I've got a backpack that's soley used for Virasol it doesn't do any damage these backpacks are converted crop sprayers and are designed to use chemicals any advice to the contrary is an excuse by suppliers not to honour warranty's.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I've got a backpack that's soley used for Virasol it doesn't do any damage these backpacks are converted crop sprayers and are designed to use chemicals any advice to the contrary is an excuse by suppliers not to honour warranty's.

Bang on! You make a very good point!

I was planning on filling my backpack up and putting a litre of razrwash in along with it and just keeping it in the van and using it whenever I decide to do a upvc clean , a lot of advice is to throw what I don’t use out afterwards and run water through the backpack . Do you think it would be ok to keep the chemical mix in the backpack at all times mate ???

I was planning on filling my backpack up and putting a litre of razrwash in along with it and just keeping it in the van and using it whenever I decide to do a upvc clean , a lot of advice is to throw what I don’t use out afterwards and run water through the backpack . Do you think it would be ok to keep the chemical mix in the backpack at all times mate ???

Whilst we have not chemically examined Razrwash it would appear to be a non-corrosive detergent - this should be fine left in the backpack and used when needed.

However please bear in mind for warranty issues that once a chemical like this has been used in the backpack -  our couriers (FedEx) will not transport it, if it needed to be returned so any warranty support would have to be done remotely.

Whilst we have not chemically examined Razrwash it would appear to be a non-corrosive detergent - this should be fine left in the backpack and used when needed.

However please bear in mind for warranty issues that once a chemical like this has been used in the backpack -  our couriers (FedEx) will not transport it, if it needed to be returned so any warranty support would have to be done remotely.

Dead on thanks for the help , backpack arrived today , no sign of the garndiner sill brush or the quik loc to fit my da applictor though. Where they all sent together do you know ??

Dead on thanks for the help , backpack arrived today , no sign of the garndiner sill brush or the quik loc to fit my da applictor though. Where they all sent together do you know ??

I do not have access to the fulfillment details from my system so cannot answer this specifically for you - Did the FedEx label say that it was 1 of 2 parcels? Did you sign for just one parcel?

I agree with you but there here is a huge difference between virosol and hypo on a pump and the seals most wont warrantee it if hypo is used in them understandingly so as they haven’t got Viton seals in them 

I agree with you but there here is a huge difference between virosol and hypo on a pump and the seals most wont warrantee it if hypo is used in them understandingly so as they haven’t got Viton seals in them 
Don't know what Hypo is but i don't need it?

Yes Joe mine's never empty.

Latest Posts

Back