Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hydro.....something glass ??

Gasket

Gents

I’m half way through my monthly round converting it all to wfp , no massive dramas and slowly getting used to it. Only issue I’m having is with the glass that repels the water and beads instantly , I’m having trouble rinsing properly and seem like I’m spending a lot of time on it, usually after checking it dry they’ve left a few spots so I give it another going over

I’m using gardiners flocked brush with pencil jets and flow rate of 35

Any advice appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Gents

I’m half way through my monthly round converting it all to wfp , no massive dramas and slowly getting used to it. Only issue I’m having is with the glass that repels the water and beads instantly , I’m having trouble rinsing properly and seem like I’m spending a lot of time on it, usually after checking it dry they’ve left a few spots so I give it another going over

I’m using gardiners flocked brush with pencil jets and flow rate of 35

Any advice appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Just carry on as you are doing.

Hydrophobic glass isn't the best to rinse. Easiest way is to divide the window up into sections and rinse the section before moving onto the next section.

Once the window is sterile you shouldn't have any issues with spotting after you have cleaned. Unfortunately this type of glass does spot quicker once the glass is dirty as the water on the glass developes into droplets which dry and leave any dissolved solids as white spots. They will be the first to be noticed by your customer, sometimes in bad weather very shortly after you have cleaned.

A large percentage of our round consists of this type of glass in its various hydrophobic forms. Sometimes I run the brush lightly across and down the glass in a zigzag way to build up a sheet of water after scrubbing before quickly returning to the top to rinse with the brush off the glass to rinse. But I can't do it all the time.

I also prefer pencil jets. I find I'm unable to build up a decent amount of rinse water on the glass with fan jets as the water breaks up too quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back