Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van mount set up...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H and W

Hi all,

We currently run DI into tank in the van.

What I would prefer, as we have just set up a static RO storage at home, is to change the system in the van to DI after the tank going out.

Question is this then... because we have a 2 man set up, so 2 pumps, is it ok to have 2 pumps running into one DI vessel or could this cause issues. Also what happens when we only use one pump is there anything to consider here.

We also use hot water so from the DI it will then go off through the heater before we make the windows clean.

Does anyone else also run a system like this and can you give me some advise as to what is required to make it happen.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What I don't get is why you don't go RO - DI - Storage - Van. 
Save a lot of messing about. 
Another reason is, as a WFP business we are still in our infancy. I have become quite obsessed with the TDS of our water.

Out yesterday and picked up about half a house to much from walk ups so needed to top up some water. We have DI into the van but was aware the last time we changed the resin it was creeping up above zero (we have only just built our static RO, up until last week DI only)

So topped up a little from customers tap and fortunately no problems with clean windows.

So, I’m going to keep the DI in the van for these occasions. But think it might be better to DI out rather than in?

Advice required?

I keep getting told that the resin will last longer as the high pressure from the RO kills the resin?

I don't understand this. Water thats processed through the r/o isn't under pressure when it leaves the r/o. We had 3 vans on the road at one time, so it made sense r/o - di - storage. It meant that we didn't have to invest in another 2 di vessels  - one for each van.

However, I do get where you are coming from with a di on board to top up if necessary. But maybe your problem is that you have under speced your system requirements - you need to carry more water.

Hot water apparently uses more resin according to some window cleaners.

hi h&w, we know each other,i'm kevin from Wetherby windowcare,

I know from what you've said the stystem you have that,ok with the two of you you may struggle with water later on in the day,

can I offer a few hours working with you or seeing you work to help you save water?(I know you have made the cross over from trad to wfp and its early days).

members may look at this and think wtf but in our area us windies help each other no matter what,the offer is there should you need some help.

ps don't believe everything x line has told you,you wouldn't believe my tds and still perfect clean glass

hi h&w, we know each other,i'm kevin from Wetherby windowcare,
I know from what you've said the stystem you have that,ok with the two of you you may struggle with water later on in the day,
can I offer a few hours working with you or seeing you work to help you save water?(I know you have made the cross over from trad to wfp and its early days).
members may look at this and think wtf but in our area us windies help each other no matter what,the offer is there should you need some help.
ps don't believe everything x line has told you,you wouldn't believe my tds and still perfect clean glass
Hi Kev, would really appreciate that wisdom. I’ll give you a bell this week and maybe have a chat with a [emoji481]. Cheers Dave.

Hi Kev, would really appreciate that wisdom. I’ll give you a bell this week and maybe have a chat with a
emoji481.png
. Cheers Dave.

no problem dave,i have some free time on Friday from 12 ish and can drop by for an hour or so i'll sort some uni valves out for you in the meantime though

Back