Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing out gutters, tiles over hang to much

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Hello,

As title explains, I have two jobs coming up where the times over hang a little too much, so annoying. I had to do them off a ladder last year, but don’t like doing it. One is a big posh house where the gutters are a little higher than the average house.

I work alone so don’t like working off a ladder without someone footing it, but preferably not going up one at all.

What do you guys do? I have a sky vac, I use the blue soft-ish ends, but they don’t fit. 

If not, is there anyone in the Bournemouth area who clears gutters off a ladder? 

*tiles not times

There’s nothing unsafe about going up an unfooted ladder. It’s all down to the users experience and where they position it . The ladder will only slip due to user error 

Yeh I know, it’s just this last year or two I’ve started to get uncomfortable up ladders, don’t know why.

I don’t mind popping up one quickly to climb onto a roof, or check a down pipe, but to work off one for a hour or so, just lost confidence.

And I also keep thinking to myself, I paid a lot of money for my vac to not go back up ladders lol. 

can't you just get a length of alloy tube and shape it to fit in the gap. Chances are there won't be much in there if the tile covers it

They can sometimes be a pain with pro tools aswell with the tiles being so close , usually cut hands is the only way lol

image.jpg

Pro Gutter Tool have brought out a new angle adapter so that you can clear them from the ground using a pole.

http://progutter.co.uk/product-info/4575763413

Be handy if it could just connect to the SLX with an adapter..

I might have a job coming up on a couple of houses (neighbours) with the same problem.

Might get the pro gutter tool and give it a go.

Will flood the gutters with water (make it soft) and then move the debris hopefully to a section where the vac can suck it all out.

The other option could be just to get the pressure washer extendable lance and blast out the problem sections with the over hanging roof tiles..

only way i'v found to clear gutters with over hanging tiles is up the ladder you will spend a lot of time messing about with a vac and then wondering if they were done right  best bet pay some one to foot the ladder for you

Yep that’s what I’m going with, but instead found a local handyman who’s happy to clear them out for £25 per hour. Then I’ll clean the gutters & fascias straight afterwards. I’ve got a couple of jobs where I know the vac isn’t great, so I’ve said there’s repeat work if he wants it. 

Pro Gutter Tool have brought out a new angle adapter so that you can clear them from the ground using a pole.

http://progutter.co.uk/product-info/4575763413

Be handy if it could just connect to the SLX with an adapter..

I might have a job coming up on a couple of houses (neighbours) with the same problem.

Might get the pro gutter tool and give it a go.

Will flood the gutters with water (make it soft) and then move the debris hopefully to a section where the vac can suck it all out.

The other option could be just to get the pressure washer extendable lance and blast out the problem sections with the over hanging roof tiles..
Been doing this for the last 4 years. Just get the Gardiner screw gooseneck and away you go. 

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/gooseneck-parts/angle-adapter-long-top-arm-part-with-brush-screw.html

Just be careful not to try and move to much muck as they can snap, not designed to do this. The shorter one is better but never in stock. 

I wouldnt use the top section of the pole, I would use the lower sections as there more rigid. Im planning on soaking the hard to access weeds, then prod it with the gardiners gutter tool, if that does not loosen it, i will connect a gardeners fork tool to the alloy gutter pole to really loosen it and then sweep it using the pro gutter tool to a point where the gutter vac can suck it out.

All sorted got a six quid Harris Pole cut it and removed top section of the slx. 

Harris pole has the new pro gutter 2018 angle adapter on it. 

Got two gutter clear, fascia washes in the morning on two neighbours with overhanging roof tiles.. 

Hopefully it rains.. 

20180524_173852.jpg

There is always a pressure washer with giraffe lance and gutter attachment. Probably faster than a vac but makes a mess. Need to rinse the windows and walls off afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

All sorted got a six quid Harris Pole cut it and removed top section of the slx. 

Harris pole has the new pro gutter 2018 angle adapter on it. 

Got two gutter clear, fascia washes in the morning on two neighbours with overhanging roof tiles.. 

Hopefully it rains.. 

View attachment 13843
That looks like a bad angle, you might catch the clips as you move along the gutter. Hope I'm wrong 

Back