Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most shocking prices

Bwfc

What is the worst price job u have done? 

Or worse quote from a customer?

Made me think other day as remembered customer asked me to quote for glass roof porch I said call it £5 she oh no thought it would be 50p!!!!

I just laughed

I've had customers ask me to do an inside window because they can't get it clean and then are surprised when I charge them extra. I remember a lady really grumbling once when I charged her 50p to do the inside of a back door covered in dogs nose prints and dried on slobber.

Some old boy asked me how much to do his windows. "£15" I replied. "If we round it up to £20 do the fascias as well" he said. "No" I said and explained I'd charged next door £50 to do the same job. Then he kept trying to trick me in to doing it for a fiver. Stupid sod! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a woman ask me to ‘go over’ her fascia next time I did the windows...mmm? she nearly chocked when told her it’d be another £90! 

Her reply:

‘But I thought you’d just use your brush and go over them’ 

Had another one where guy asked for conservatory clean so I said be extra £20 which was too cheap anyway.

Then at end I said £35 (window cleaning was £15) he said oh no not happy thought it was 20 in total. I managed to get him to pay in end as said wud u do that for £5 he didn't say anything...

Quoted £40 for a job inside and out, did everything with wfp, but turned out there were tiny paint speckles all over so has to redo with ladders, the two of us spent 2,5 hours on it... Not My best hourly rate.

I’ve quoted about five jobs this week - all in different areas, I keep getting shown this........
9eb0c85ddecaeca778df48b076215e86.jpg

Two of them said they booked them but they never turned up - I wonder why?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've a similar flyer that I use occasionally, but it has a çaveat that it is providing they keep us on for at least the following clean (paid). I only use it on houses that I really want though. I wouldn't circulate it generally as I'd get too many messers.

The worst price I've had was on a round I bought out in the middle of nowhere in the Pennines. One house was a large detached sprawling single level house (I'd say bungalow but it doesn't describe it) it had a swimming pool in the front garden with a summer house overlooking it. All Georgian, windows along the entire front. Took about 45mins wfp. The price.. £5.50 I thought there was a mistake so I rang the guy I bought it off. Apparently he gave him a 'good deal' because he always made him a really good coffee..

He didn't make me a coffee..

I didn't think it worth it trying to increase the price, just binned it.

That free window clean promo is just that- one window cleaned, not the whole house
emoji53.png

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums
That's very clever but I see that as a road to nowhere. I would have expected that to be a full house window clean if I was the potential customer and would feel conned by him doing just one. I would tell him to go jump and he wouldn't see my business. One window isn't enough on a promo to see if he is what he is offering.

Deffo a good idea. Don’t see the point in giving whole free cleans away as your potentially gonna be doin a hell of a lot of one offs for free. One window is enough to advertise what your offering. A pvc restoration firm used to use a similar tactic near me. They would treat a few inches of a sill with their product to show a before and after effect.

I just picked up one of their customers last week.   They did the whole house and conservatory for free, booked her as a regular, then never turned up.  She called up to see what was happening and they asked 'are you calling to book your free clean?'  so she realised they don't have a clue what's happening and called me in instead.  

I've heard of them a few times and I believe they do the whole first clean free also as it does not state otherwise on their flyer. 

Is this not the mob Duncan of Dragons Den went in with? 

I just picked up one of their customers last week.   They did the whole house and conservatory for free, booked her as a regular, then never turned up.  She called up to see what was happening and they asked 'are you calling to book your free clean?'  so she realised they don't have a clue what's happening and called me in instead.  

I've heard of them a few times and I believe they do the whole first clean free also as it does not state otherwise on their flyer. 

Tell me more

They’ve been targeting burton and derby with this for years but you never see them about.

Think they use it to cherry pick the work maybe

Isnt that crazy they would be offering out free cleans and doing the work ? Then not following up at least once more to make some money ! 

You could follow them round for easy pickings really ! 

I remember that episode. Is that them then? They were from Newcastle weren’t they?

Back