Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman ( again!!!)

Traditionalwin6

Hi everyone

Bought some new equipment lately. 

Absolutely loved the Moerman Liquidator/Excelerator combo at first...but lately it has been driving me mad! 

At home on my own windows seems to work great with pretty much zero detailing. As soon as I try and go out and actually EARN some money it starts playing up leaving lines etc. 

SO ANNOYING as I can see the potential of this tool but keep spending too much time faffing around with it!

Anyone else having same problems?

Thanks

Use the search feature on here as this has been done to death and lots of tips etc already 

If you wanna know how to use it properly check out polzn bladz channel on youtube 

I use the liquidator in few different handles, I found the meorman rubber a bit hit and miss I prefer razr red rubber, I slot cut down cable ties in the end clips to stop the rubber moving only use squeegees for internals and few bungalows liquidator crazy fast.

I ordered a excelator fliq today purely for the swivel only because I have a couple of internal awkward windows where a squeegee is more effective than my internal cleaning kit.

Yes, the liquidator channel is fantastic, just the handle that lets it down. I have a 14" liquidator on a straight handle but no comparison to the contour pro plus which must be world leader in handle technology. 

If it is working for you at home, then I would say relax with it more, when you're on a job.

Sometimes we try and 'overthink' things too much and that mucks it up.

Sometimes, I think if I went out half drunk, I would do a better job (because i'm chilled with it all).

On a more useful note.

I also purchased the Ettore Contour pro plus handle and it seems to work better (no idea why).

Also, dip the mop into clean water and add a 'strip' of fairy (or whatever) to the mop.

Don't put the soap into the bucket.

Try changing the angle of the blade on the glass, look at some polz n bladz videos on you tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a really good handle can’t disagree with that especially useful for closing out, but having the right slip and the end clips with a off cut of cable tie or paper clip makes all the difference. Regardless of the different handles I have.

Change this handle, swap that paper clip, cut a cable for and throw out the rubber.............

Yeah... I'll just stick to my S-Plus. ?
I know what you are saying but I only normally do internals I use the combinator on maintenance cleans yes it needed mods but a one pass on the windows with no detailing well mostly is the most efficient way in my case I wouldn’t be without it works perfect again well mostly for me.

I do like the S channel also just the combinator is my first choice as overall it the job is quicker for me.

I know what you are saying but I only normally do internals I use the combinator on maintenance cleans yes it needed mods but a one pass on the windows with no detailing well mostly is the most efficient way in my case I wouldn’t be without it works perfect again well mostly for me.

I do like the S channel also just the combinator is my first choice as overall it the job is quicker for me.
Horses for courses mate but not for me. 

All this zero detailing? Some you tube vid demos leave more soap on the side than a 1960s top loader washing machine.  Then all this add soap to pad or add soap to glass..... what a load of faff.   I just dip applicator in soapy bucket and crack on. 

If you clean frames trad them simply 'pre detail' as you do the frame and then no detailing required.  This 'zero' detailing jazz is a myth.  

Off to grab a cider and wait onslaught of Moerman defenders. ?

Horses for courses mate but not for me. 

All this zero detailing? Some you tube vid demos leave more soap on the side than a 1960s top loader washing machine.  Then all this add soap to pad or add soap to glass..... what a load of faff.   I just dip applicator in soapy bucket and crack on. 

If you clean frames trad them simply 'pre detail' as you do the frame and then no detailing required.  This 'zero' detailing jazz is a myth.  

Off to grab a cider and wait onslaught of Moerman defenders. ?
I’m not a traddwr and will never be I don’t even use a applicator as such  the combinator makes minimum mess just one pass on maintenance cleans the glass in seconds yes I do wipe the frames with a damp cloth first that takes twice as long as the one pass on the glass hope that makes sense as I have already had my ciders lol ? 

Don't think you will find many moerman defenders,  a few people are happy after getting through the messing about they have had to do with technique and mods, but I can not see many folks are that happy at all.  Youtube let's folks down on this product, and it does not take a fat lot of research before you realise a lot of youtubers are getting given stuff for free....  and some are even closer involved than just free stuff...  Hey when a company pays for folks from the USA to come to Europe and are then coached on what to say, basically making an infommercial.  Some good stuff, combinator, fliq, but a channel that needs a huge concentration of soap, water with no soap in it,  cable ties and a stupidly expensive handle from a third party, is obviously one that does not work as intended.  Seriously, water with no soap in it?  Give it a month or so and someone will come up with another fix, like you need to be wearing timberland boots or a moerman cap, maybe unger gloves are the secret?

PS, I own one, I think it is ok but I would get something else and stay away from tubers on the payroll.... if the review says moerman treat with caution... that is all the advice I can give.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be honest I love my combinators I never enjoyed doing internals until I modded my combinators now I have plenty of internal that require all sorts of cleaning devices including barn conversions with double story glass I use pads and glass cleaners for them, massive bedroom mirrors internal glass bannisters etc but the internal windows a 10” and 14” combinator flys thru them with minimum mess. If there is a better and quicker solution I’m all ears as at the end of the day I want to provided a excellent but fast and profitable service. 

I will be honest I love my combinators I never enjoyed doing internals until I modded my combinators now I have plenty of internal that require all sorts of cleaning devices including barn conversions with double story glass I use pads and glass cleaners for them, massive bedroom mirrors internal glass bannisters etc but the internal windows a 10” and 14” combinator flys thru them with minimum mess. If there is a better and quicker solution I’m all ears as at the end of the day I want to provided a excellent but fast and profitable service. 

Did you do that diagonal cut to make the mop fit into the corners? 

Yes don’t need to be that xtreme also don’t cut the sleeve when you trim the tbar fold the sleeve back on itself and sew in so it the same size as the tbar  ( well in my case get the wife to sow it) work brilliant I wouldn’t change a thing on maintence cleans. 

I love my moerman gear, I'll admit that there is room for improvement as the mods do improve it, which shouldn't have to be done, but once it's all done and you tweak the technique it's brilliant. I've not found a better squeegee for trad pole work yet, although in hand I have found the s plus just as good, only prefer moerman in hand as I use the fliq so it's quicker and no swapping tools.

Youtube let's folks down on this product, and it does not take a fat lot of research before you realise a lot of youtubers are getting given stuff for free....  and some are even closer involved than just free stuff...  Hey when a company pays for folks from the USA to come to Europe and are then coached on what to say, basically making an infommercial
Bang on the money.  It was to a point where a certain 'Tuber' was spoken to politely about his videos as they were becoming nothing more than adverts for Moerman and another firm. The forum servers are funded by advertising so no advertising without paying basically. He decided to take his toys and deleted his account.  Shame really as he had some good (non commercial) content. 

I decided to take action and put the end clips in boiling water, then bent them back a bit.

Used it yesterday and it worked amazing! So quick. Worked perfectly!

Got 3 houses done a lot quicker than before. 

Would definitely recommend the Moerman liquidator

Have used moerman gear for a good while now, and generally love it! Cut detailing down for me to a bare minimum,and I'm now faster and more efficient in my work. Yes I've had to modify a bit, yes I've had to adapt my technique, but the persistence has been worth it.

I'm not a moerman fan boy, I just prefer their tools. I've tried traditional channels, modded my own, tried s plus channel, and use those tools occasionally, but for me personally moerman liquidator channels tops anything on the market so far.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back