Traditionalwin6

Moerman ( again!!!)

Daniel Perkins
54 minutes ago, Clisty1989 said:

In hand 25 degrees with exelerator handle. Double the amount of soap your using, I get lines when I don't use enough, it needs loads

Cheers I will try that. I will give it one last bash before it goes in the drawer. I just find it a lot of effort but one last try :D

Bobd
14 minutes ago, Daniel Perkins said:

Cheers I will try that. I will give it one last bash before it goes in the drawer. I just find it a lot of effort but one last try :D

Try using proper window soap instead of dish soap. I had tried using the liquidator umpteen times and was very disappointed but not now using the ettore soap 

Daniel Perkins
15 minutes ago, Bobd said:

Try using proper window soap instead of dish soap. I had tried using the liquidator umpteen times and was very disappointed but not now using the ettore soap 

Was using it with Moerman pro stuff today with red razor rubber which i am really not a fan of.

scottish cleaning service

The liquidator is the best channel out there once you adapt it to suit oneself. All I did was change the handle to the contour pro plus and away I went. Contour pro plus is the best handle out there but at £40, it should be.

Daniel Perkins

I have the contour pro plus, it's better than the excelerator handle which is absolute rubbish. I actually got the 2 contour pro plus handles, one for liquidator & one for my wide body sorbo squeegee but can't get it to fit the sorbo channel. I used the moerman rubber instead of the razor red and it's a lot better. The razor red feels horrible on the glass and skips something awful.

Daniel Perkins

So had a good day out with the Fliq, contour pro and moerman rubber and happy to report much much better. I use the big sorbo 36 inch for commercial but was using the Fliq for glass staircases and smaller windows. Have an 80 panel glass stair case to do tomorrow too so give it a crack morrow too.

Daniel Perkins

Cheers mate, appreciate all the tips from the lads on here.. much obliged.

Clisty1989
29 minutes ago, Daniel Perkins said:

Cheers mate, appreciate all the tips from the lads on here.. much obliged.

Did the extra soap help?

rugbywolf
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:06, Bobd said:

Tried another ettore rubber and bought some ettore soap and it's totally changed my mind. Love it. The ettore soap is a bit dear but you only need a tiny amount. 

do you mean 'Squeegee Off', if so, then yes, I've been using it for a few years now.

It seems everybody buys a liquidator and find it impossible to use. After changing handle or using more soap it seems to work perfectly. You would think moerman would design a new handle for it. Then it would be the best seller.

Bobd
4 hours ago, rugbywolf said:

do you mean 'Squeegee Off', if so, then yes, I've been using it for a few years now.

Aye pal that's the 1. For some reason the lads I work with prefer fairy so I'm going to fill a spray bottle and use it myself. It'll save me some money 

2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

It seems everybody buys a liquidator and find it impossible to use. After changing handle or using more soap it seems to work perfectly. You would think moerman would design a new handle for it. Then it would be the best seller.

What rubber do you use in yours? I only got a shift from the ettore and the sides were all chewed

Bobd
On 06/04/2018 at 22:40, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Change this handle, swap that paper clip, cut a cable tie and throw out the rubber.............

Yeah... I'll just stick to my S-Plus. 😁

Do you use the green clips on your s plus? I get lines from it. Not sure if it's down to movement in the rubber. 

I still use same moerman rubber it came with but I don't have any wooden windows to clean.

Green Pro Clean Ltd
41 minutes ago, Bobd said:

Do you use the green clips on your s plus? I get lines from it. Not sure if it's down to movement in the rubber. 

Errmm..... ... theres no clips on my splus channels mate. 

After all those months of wondering why we get lines with a moerman liquidator I think @Ian M has hit the nail on the head with his comment "I dropped the Moerman channel into a cheap ledger handle that had lay unused for years. I wanted a longer handle so that the fliq pad would not wet my hand. The funny thing is that the handle does not grip the rubber at all. It just sits in the channel"

What he is actually saying is the new handle doesn't touch the rubber, so allows it to run free. That's why the contour pro plus works so well with the liquidator channel. Eventually we have found the answer. happy days :1f609:

Ian M
On 4/26/2018 at 08:35, scottish cleaning service said:

After all those months of wondering why we get lines with a moerman liquidator I think @Ian M has hit the nail on the head with his comment "I dropped the Moerman channel into a cheap ledger handle that had lay unused for years. I wanted a longer handle so that the fliq pad would not wet my hand. The funny thing is that the handle does not grip the rubber at all. It just sits in the channel"

What he is actually saying is the new handle doesn't touch the rubber, so allows it to run free. That's why the contour pro plus works so well with the liquidator channel. Eventually we have found the answer. happy days :1f609:

It seems to run contrary to logic to let the rubber sit free but there you go...

I have found since I made the discovery I am flying through the work as I am not having to inspect the glass as much. 

Paranoid no more. :)

11 hours ago, Ian M said:

It seems to run contrary to logic to let the rubber sit free but there you go...

I have found since I made the discovery I am flying through the work as I am not having to inspect the glass as much. 

Paranoid no more. :)

Leading edge rubber has got to run free or lines will happen at the tight bits.

Daniel Perkins

Had a good use over the last few days. I like the Fliq in hand although I have had issues with the plastic line on top of pad making the "flicking" movement too rigid so sometimes it prevents you from closing out properly as it keep catching. I'll see if this loosens up over time but really still should not have to put up with that.

Also I was using the Fliq for pole work today and it was useless. When lifting the pole up to wash the windows, the pad won't stay upright against he glass, it keeps falling down at an angle where the pad is not against the glass. So if you can imagine, I have to press the pad against the glass at eye level and slide up up the glass, which doesn't really work if there is is panelled frames. Mildly irritating to say the least.

Edited by Daniel Perkins

Clisty1989
3 hours ago, Daniel Perkins said:

Had a good use over the last few days. I like the Fliq in hand although I have had issues with the plastic line on top of pad making the "flicking" movement too rigid so sometimes it prevents you from closing out properly as it keep catching. I'll see if this loosens up over time but really still should not have to put up with that.

Also I was using the Fliq for pole work today and it was useless. When lifting the pole up to wash the windows, the pad won't stay upright against he glass, it keeps falling down at an angle where the pad is not against the glass. So if you can imagine, I have to press the pad against the glass at eye level and slide up up the glass, which doesn't really work if there is is panelled frames. Mildly irritating to say the least.

Which way you got the pad? Over is better on pole, under in hand

Daniel Perkins
55 minutes ago, Clisty1989 said:

Which way you got the pad? Over is better on pole, under in hand

Had it under for both mate. Unclipping and changing mid clean just seems a bit much for me.

Clisty1989
2 hours ago, Daniel Perkins said:

Had it under for both mate. Unclipping and changing mid clean just seems a bit much for me.

I know what u mean, I'm the other way round, tend to keep it over and use my thumb to keep it held back when in hand

Daniel Perkins

I will give it a fair go and if still having issues... that's me done with moerman squeegees... as the product clearly needs work.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Brandon

Leading edge rubber has got to run free or lines will happen at the tight bits.

How do you stop the rubber sliding out the channel?