Traditionalwin6

Moerman ( again!!!)

paulben

Tried the contour pro + worked a treat so ordered a second one . After a while started to get pains in wrist ,was off for a weeks holiday still pain in wrist but getting better ordered a strap to support wrist .back at work for two half days due to heat now in agony so its back to Moerman handle .Had tried reducing tension on handle but think the amount of pressure to move spring is too great so going to try slightly more pressure with moreman and different attack angle .

paulben

Put Fliq back on Moerman handle with new razor red rubber and locked angle same as contour pro+ and no swivel .First windows lines at top and "smudge" at bottom . Lines always seem to be above shoulder height so wondered if lifting top of blade away slightly when blade is high up ( try thinking of a motor bike twist grip ) . Put a bit more than usual pressure on blade but not as much as contour plus ... Magic ... no lines . Unlocked swivel action no lines ..flew through days work .

So maybe we are slightly twisting handle towards our body high up and when below belly button height twisting handle away giving "smudge "towards bottom of window .

Anyway now a happy bunny to be back with Moerman handle apart from being about £70 lighter for 2 Ettore handles . So try adding a little extra pressure to blade .

scottish cleaning service

I'll give you 25 pounds for a contour pro plus handle as I was going to buy one in the future. cheers m

paulben

If you want to pay postage on top you can but to be honest I wouldn't recommend buying one as it's given me a pain in arm and wrist might as well use a standard handle and put a bit more pressure on it 

paulben
3 minutes ago, paulben said:

If you want to pay postage on top you can but to be honest I wouldn't recommend buying one as it's given me a pain in arm and wrist might as well use a standard handle and put a bit more pressure on it 

Only diff between contour pro plus and standard handle is spring so buy a normal handle just a gimmick in my opinion 

mike007

I just normal moerman fixed handle for "hand work", do not need swivel except for pole work, then I use combinator. But have liquidator swivel handle set to fix on my 14inch and both worked fine in Fridays torrential downpour as I was finishing a conservatory....no detailing required.

CHWS

My conotour handle came today. First go and it feels really good to work with and so smooth. As someone mentioned straight away I felt a slight strain in my hand. No lines with liquidator channel in. I’ll give it a proper go on Monday 

Potta81
On 05/04/2018 at 23:41, scottish cleaning service said:

Yes we all have, its on here somewhere. I changed the handle to a Ettore contour pro plus £40 one and have never looked back.

Does the liquidator fit straight into the pro plus or does the handle need modifying to get it in?👍🏻

scottish cleaning service
8 minutes ago, Potta81 said:

Does the liquidator fit straight into the pro plus or does the handle need modifying to get it in?👍🏻

I think you need to unscrew the clip to let it in and then tighten it back up. Its that good I have two made up, a 14" and a 16" which I used today.

Jango
On 09/08/2018 at 12:09, paulben said:

Only diff between contour pro plus and standard handle is spring so buy a normal handle just a gimmick in my opinion 

Bit expensive for just a gimmick. Glad for your honest review😃

Potta81
On 09/07/2020 at 19:27, scottish cleaning service said:

I think you need to unscrew the clip to let it in and then tighten it back up. Its that good I have two made up, a 14" and a 16" which I used today.

Ok cheers pal 👍🏻

laddergarder

I have been using moerman tools more lately and find them brilliant. I change my rubber each day, and that seems to sort any issues. The ends just get torn up. But the time savings is more than worth it.

moto

Anyone tried this new blue NXT-R rubber? Any diferent to standard black soft Moerman Liquidator rubber?

Eric Gilliand
On 03/08/2020 at 04:54, moto said:

Anyone tried this new blue NXT-R rubber? Any diferent to standard black soft Moerman Liquidator rubber?

Yes, I’ve been using it for a couple of months now. Good slip, very durable. Doesn’t stay baby blue for long but that doesn’t effect the performance. I’d class it as a medium rubber. Excellent.