Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fort transit custom

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys .

I’m thinking of buying a Ford Transit Custom as my business has expanded and I think it would make sense to upgrade from My Peugeot partner van .

Will be looking to kit the new van out with a 2 Man wfp system and carry a 800ltr tank .

Has anyone got any advice for me .

Or what not to get or do ?

Many thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys .

I’m thinking of buying a Ford Transit Custom as my business has expanded and I think it would make sense to upgrade from My Peugeot partner van .

Will be looking to kit the new van out with a 2 Man wfp system and carry a 800ltr tank .

Has anyone got any advice for me .

Or what not to get or do ?

Many thanks

Get one, they are awesome. 

My advice would (if buying brand new), is to ask for the upgraded suspension/payload.

I think the bog standard model is something like 850 payload which is jank i.m.o.

I've had loads of vans through the years, but the transit is the closest drive to a car I’ve ever driven.

They are galvanised so won’t rust for years unlike earlier models ?
spacer.png

5DE3F1C9-1AB6-4AA3-90CA-FA8E7E5BFEDB.jpeg

03B4A87F-18AD-4E59-B4FD-E2964D45A548.jpeg

Get one, they are awesome. 
My advice would (if buying brand new), is to ask for the upgraded suspension/payload.
I think the bog standard model is something like 850 payload which is jank i.m.o.
I've had loads of vans through the years, but the transit is the closest drive to a car I’ve ever driven.
They are galvanised so won’t rust for years unlike earlier models [emoji108]
spacer.png

View attachment 13793
View attachment 13794
You have a wicked van mate .
Really like it .
I’m not going to buy brand new .
I will be getting one for around 12k
Decided to keep my Peugeot partner and have two vans on the road

Transit Custom Sport payload is 985kg. On the new facelift model. 4 month wait. Test drive one on Tuesday.  Suspension upgrade gives extra 250kg. Ideal one man van with a 500l tank.  

Gonna decide between the transit and thr F1 trafic. 

Would it be more sensible to get a 500ltr tank then

You'll get a 650l tank in with 2 men comfortably in a 2900 LWB Vivaro, even with an R/O built in as it's payload is 1280kgs if my memory serves me right. To guarantee to be legal, weight wise, you will probably need the new 1400 Citroën Dispatch 

The other comment is a private battle between me and  small @Den ?

I have 

You'll get a 650l tank in with 2 men comfortably in a 2900 LWB Vivaro, even with an R/O built in as it's payload is 1280kgs if my memory serves me right. To guarantee to be legal, weight wise, you will probably need the new 1400 Citroën Dispatch 

The other comment is a private battle between me and  small @Den ?
saw a fire engine that had my name on it but my John guest fittings were the wrong size lol.

We have a couple of customs and they're awesome. Had mine 4 years, not decided on what to do with it yet though as tempted with facelift.

Ive got 850 tank, twin man setup. Very close to payload!

Mine has a 500L tank, but I take 6-8 barrels (25L) each for the trolley and backpack.

Doe’s 2 of us fine and the van still pulls like its virtually empty ?

Went to the ford show room today. Very tempted by a Custom. 

Does this sound like a good deal in your opinions?

67 plate, royal blue colour, 1,800 miles. Swb, 130bhp, 1000kg weight.

£3,500 deposit, then 5 years of £390? Own it at the end? There a few deals similar, and if I play really hard ball it might change. 

Went to the ford show room today. Very tempted by a Custom. 

Does this sound like a good deal in your opinions?

67 plate, royal blue colour, 1,800 miles. Swb, 130bhp, 1000kg weight.

£3,500 deposit, then 5 years of £390? Own it at the end? There a few deals similar, and if I play really hard ball it might change. 
Depends what you want to do with your business. If you want to stay as a sole trader then the van is big enough, if you want to expand then a 1000kg payload isn't big enough in my opinion. £27k for a second hand van sounds a tad expensive as well, but that also depends on your credit history.

New facelift is out now so October I would expect the price to drop a lot. 

For what hat you’ve been quoted you could easily get a facelift, bigger payload and higher spec 

Back