Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snow from Russia stained UPVC

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edward Baskerville

Hi guys, I noticed Few months back the snow destroyed my customers windows and had lot of black run off the windows and frames. I’ve only just recently revisited one house I haven’t done for while and the black run off has destroyed the white frames and sills, really badly stained them. Tryed getting it off with TFR.. didn’t get much hope maybe stronger ratio mix was needed? Any advice how I can bring these frames and sills back to white! ( I believe the air pollution from Russia caused this)

Snow is typically filthy stuff anyway. All those flakes act like filters as the fly aboout in the atmosphere and pick up a lot of dust and muck. When it settles on windows and frames and melts it leaves all that muck behind. It did seem to be exceptionally filthy this time, and I found I was having to use a microfibre on many ledges to remove the muck as the brush didn't seem to be enough. I didn't need more than that though.

Latest Posts

Back