Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doing My First Commercial Tomorrow

All Round Cleaning

Doing my first commercial tomorrow and im bricking it !

I don't know why it's only the same as cleaning anyone else's it's just more windows lol .

You know when you guys first started did any of you feel ashamed or embarrassed that you are a window cleaner ?

I did but i have since over come this as i think to myself i got nothing to be embarrassed about im on a ladder cleaning windows for maybe 3 or 4 times what your earning an hr lol .

I reckon il be done in 2 hrs as its a first clean and only got to do about 10 on the ladders lol so the rest are all within standing

£90 for 2 maybe 3 hrs work not bad eh .

No shame in any job bin man shelf stacker whatever all necessary parts of society. Good look with the job, don't rush, do it twice if necessary first time. Hope you feel better about things after it /emoticons/smile.png

Gav mate a job is a job /emoticons/smile.png

Better then being a dole waller like most of the people in britain now lol /emoticons/tongue.png

As chip said take your time do it rite as I'm sure you will anyways Gav.

I was the same embarrrsed about being a windy but then thought about it how many people can earn as much profit as we do.

being a window cleaner is a respectable job, as long as you do it long term and year round, you will be dealing with long term customers, some of which stay with their windy for 20/30 years, what other profession has customer loyalty like that? thats because you get respected by your custies

Well i got at least 1 commercial customer thats paying a nice wage .

So im not going to work for anyone else ha ha ,as long as my wife keeps this job we will be fine

As we got tax credits at the moment so i got no plans doing it for anyone else .

Cant beat working for yourself if you were working for someone else as a window cleaner then thats different

Back