tnwindowcleaning

Help beginner rubber blade issue

tnwindowcleaning

Hi hope someone can help. When im using my squeegee im having to wipe it after every stroke it this normal? Its an unger with unger rubbers which i have only recently changed maybe 7/8 cleans ago.

Nudel

Hi and welcome.

It just comes down to technique and experience.

Removing excess water from the blade is needed, since otherwise it can't get rid of the water properly, as you have experienced.

Wiping it off with a cloth is one option, but it is excruciatingly slow.

I personally either just fling the water off the squeegee behind me, or tap the squeegee on the window one-three times (this works best on a dry pane, so I usually do it on the next window before soaping it in).

You shouldn't have to do this with every stroke though, so make sure you don't have too much water on the pane, and keep the angle of the squeegee right.

All the best!

Clisty1989

I tend to tap it on the sill after I finish the window, lot quicker that wiping it, or flick it behind me

Dave Shaw

Same here, a good flick usually does the job. It gets rid of those cob webs that build up off the sills as well. Maybe your not emptying your boab either as aids can build up in the bottom which stick to your blade every time you put back in.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

tnwindowcleaning

Okay great thanks for the advice guys!

mike007
19 hours ago, Nudel said:

Hi and welcome.

It just comes down to technique and experience.

Removing excess water from the blade is needed, since otherwise it can't get rid of the water properly, as you have experienced.

Wiping it off with a cloth is one option, but it is excruciatingly slow.

I personally either just fling the water off the squeegee behind me, or tap the squeegee on the window one-three times (this works best on a dry pane, so I usually do it on the next window before soaping it in).

You shouldn't have to do this with every stroke though, so make sure you don't have too much water on the pane, and keep the angle of the squeegee right.

All the best!

Plus can start further in on your first stroke, then fan behind it as you go down the window if you know what I mean........think you may be doing straight pulls from edge so leaving slight residue of water!!!!

Bart90

I wipe the squeegee back over the applicatior in my left hand; gets rid of the excess and keeps my mop wet for longer.

scottish cleaning service

You don't need to really wipe the rubber blade if you don't wont to. Wet blade doesn't matter because the technique removes all the water on the window as the squeegee moves down. Watch utube and look at videos of cleaning windows.

rugbywolf
On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:19, tnwindowcleaning said:

Hi hope someone can help. When im using my squeegee im having to wipe it after every stroke it this normal? Its an unger with unger rubbers which i have only recently changed maybe 7/8 cleans ago.

Go down to the topic 'how to fan windows' it's all there.

tnwindowcleaning

Thanks again for all the advice.

scottish cleaning service

When I started, all I did was spend a week watching window cleaning videos on u tube.