Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help beginner rubber blade issue

Hi hope someone can help. When im using my squeegee im having to wipe it after every stroke it this normal? Its an unger with unger rubbers which i have only recently changed maybe 7/8 cleans ago.

Hi and welcome.

It just comes down to technique and experience.

Removing excess water from the blade is needed, since otherwise it can't get rid of the water properly, as you have experienced.

Wiping it off with a cloth is one option, but it is excruciatingly slow.

I personally either just fling the water off the squeegee behind me, or tap the squeegee on the window one-three times (this works best on a dry pane, so I usually do it on the next window before soaping it in).

You shouldn't have to do this with every stroke though, so make sure you don't have too much water on the pane, and keep the angle of the squeegee right.

All the best!

Hi and welcome.

It just comes down to technique and experience.

Removing excess water from the blade is needed, since otherwise it can't get rid of the water properly, as you have experienced.

Wiping it off with a cloth is one option, but it is excruciatingly slow.

I personally either just fling the water off the squeegee behind me, or tap the squeegee on the window one-three times (this works best on a dry pane, so I usually do it on the next window before soaping it in).

You shouldn't have to do this with every stroke though, so make sure you don't have too much water on the pane, and keep the angle of the squeegee right.

All the best!
Plus can start further in on your first stroke, then fan behind it as you go down the window if you know what I mean........think you may be doing straight pulls from edge so leaving slight residue of water!!!!

You don't need to really wipe the rubber blade if you don't wont to. Wet blade doesn't matter because the technique removes all the water on the window as the squeegee moves down. Watch utube and look at videos of cleaning windows.

Back