Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My PSI is 45 is this too low for RO van system?.

Lucasjtoal

I’m having a xline 350 x tank fitted soon and just checked my water pressure. It’s 45ish am I going to need a booster pump or will this be ok? New to the game so any advice is so helpful! 

Thanks 

Lucas 

I’m having a xline 350 x tank fitted soon and just checked my water pressure. It’s 45ish am I going to need a booster pump or will this be ok? New to the game so any advice is so helpful! 

Thanks 

Lucas 

Ask for a HF5/HF4 membrane and it should get you down to the twenties or just below before DI - Of course it depends what your PPM is within your tap water.

Last edited by a moderator:
HF5 is for lower water pressure. 50psi to 100psi is the optimum pressure range for an Axeon HF5 membrane. It will work at 45psi but will be slightly less efficient.

HF4 is for higher pressure ranges; 80 - 105psi for optimum performance, so way out of your reach with 45psi tap pressure.

Hi 

thanks for the tip! I was more wondering if a psi of 45 would be enough pressure? I’ve been reading that 60 is needed for a RO system? 

Thanks!

Another important factor is water flow at the r/o.

Its been noted that you need at least 9lpm of water flow at your tap to run a 4040 r/o. It will be less for a 4021.

You can have a static water pressure of 45psi, but if the pipe is only delivering 1 lpm of water then the r/o will not work unless its a very small one.

My 4040 uses 4lpm of water at 50psi - 2 liters of pure and 2 liters of waste. If someone runs a bath or flushes the toilet, then the water pressure at the r/o drops to just about zero. Our tap delivers 13lpm of water.

So if the wife decides that the lawn needs to be watered with the sprinkler, then I switch the r/o off if the tank is filling. The IBC tank has a float level switch so when full automatically switches off the r/o. So I'm happy to run the r/o through the night after everyone has gone to bed.

Back