Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

20/20 filter change...

Sam Hodgson

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I changed the resins in mine and my colleagues vans at the same time. I checked the TDS today and his was 003 and mine is 017!

I’ve had my van 7months and his is 2 months old so I’m guessing the difference is down to my carbon and sediment filters which makes sense as I was advised to change them every 6months.

I changed them today and was expecting them to look slimy and filthy etc. But they looked pretty clean with some yellowing.

Is this how they should normally look as I watched a YouTube video of someone replacing them and they were filthy but I’m guessing that was on a house system and not after an RO.

Hopefully I should have sorted my issue now but was just wondering if you could tell when they needed changing by looking at them or whether it’s purely down to how much water has gone through them.

thankyou in advance ?

Hi, the Prefilters only protect the  ro membrane they will not have an affect on the

tds,  some prefilters look worse than others due to sediment in the water. 

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I changed the resins in mine and my colleagues vans at the same time. I checked the TDS today and his was 003 and mine is 017!

I’ve had my van 7months and his is 2 months old so I’m guessing the difference is down to my carbon and sediment filters which makes sense as I was advised to change them every 6months.

I changed them today and was expecting them to look slimy and filthy etc. But they looked pretty clean with some yellowing.

Is this how they should normally look as I watched a YouTube video of someone replacing them and they were filthy but I’m guessing that was on a house system and not after an RO.

Hopefully I should have sorted my issue now but was just wondering if you could tell when they needed changing by looking at them or whether it’s purely down to how much water has gone through them.

thankyou in advance ?
Depends on how much water you use.

If your using 500l of water a day, it is recommended you change a pre filter 7-8 weeks.

You mentioned 6 months, fine if your using very, very little water. If not, your going to bugger up your membranes 

Depends on how much water you use.

If your using 500l of water a day, it is recommended you change a pre filter 7-8 weeks.

You mentioned 6 months, fine if your using very, very little water. If not, your going to bugger up your membranes 
Wow really as much as that? To be fair the water in my area is terrible 350ppm and I use 400l per day on avg.

Back