Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with diy system in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fairy

Hi all,

Been gone for a good year & I hope everyone is doing great.

Finally decided to move from trad to WFP, so I'm going to be selling my caddy as I want something bigger such as a Transit.

I've bought an IBC tank & a wfp pole, which I used sometimes on my wfp trolley, so I still need to buy all the other things.

Now I wonder what else I'll need to purchase, such as a pump a hose etc, is there anyone that could possibly make a list for me?

And also I'm wondering how people connect the IBC tank in the back of the van?

Thank you very much.

Simple answer is dont. The ibc is very dangerous to carry in a van as it's not baffled therefore when you corner, the weight of the water could potentially overturn your vehicle.

Instead set up the ibc in a garden then transfer the water from it to a baffled tank in your van.

Item list for wfp:

Approx. 5m conduit/hose

15mm jubilee clips

Pump

Controller

Battery above 80ah

Reel

Swivel elbow connector for reel

If like me you have a di, you will need this plus resin

Tds meter

Pole

Pole hose

O clips for both the pole hose and reel hose

Battery charger

Ptfe tape

Ls-x

Di vessel clamp

Tools:

Crimps

Screwdriver

Pincers 

Pliers

That's all I think...

Not all IBC’s are unbaffled - I believe ionics systems released a baffled one which was housed inside one of there crash tested frames. If you are fixed on an IBC (which would be daft as you can get baffled 1000ltr tanks cheap off eBay) fill it to the brim with plastic aerated balls (the practice golf balls you can buy). Obviously you’d lose a few litres of water capacity through displacement but it would be a better baffle than the single one you get in wydale tanks. Obviously make sure it’s in a frame that’s bolted as well. Like James Bond says, use the IBC in the garden to produce pure in to or harvest rainwater.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back