Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why I always carry my trad gear and a screwdriver.

Clisty1989

My backpack died this morning as I finished a job. After taking it apart to fault find realised the connectors are corroded, causing a break in the circuit and need replacing. Chucked it in car, slight reshuffle of work to replace tricky jobs I had down for today and replace with tomorrows easy work. Filled my bucket with pure, add some fairy and been tradding all day. Just bought new connectors as I passed a DIY shop, so do that tonight. Lost 20 mins fault finding, 10 mins in the shop, and works out I'm only gonna be £35 down on my earnings today. Just glad I always carry my trad gear and ladders, just in case, saved myself losing a lot more time and money.

Baden Powell would have been proud of you ?
Scouts never interested me, mindsets more of the army's unofficial ethos of "improvise, adapt and overcome". Reason i personally believe every windt should be able to trad an entire house no problems, just incase situations like this occur. I'm glad I started trad and still do a bit, otherwise I would have been screwed

My backpack died this morning as I finished a job. After taking it apart to fault find realised the connectors are corroded, causing a break in the circuit and need replacing. Chucked it in car, slight reshuffle of work to replace tricky jobs I had down for today and replace with tomorrows easy work. Filled my bucket with pure, add some fairy and been tradding all day. Just bought new connectors as I passed a DIY shop, so do that tonight. Lost 20 mins fault finding, 10 mins in the shop, and works out I'm only gonna be £35 down on my earnings today. Just glad I always carry my trad gear and ladders, just in case, saved myself losing a lot more time and money.
Well done mate.  Does it become a problem though re soaping windows you've converted to wfp?  Some jobs it takes an absolute age to get rid of the soap residue, especially on the hydrophobic type glass.  I've been thinking of getting a second backpack in case i have a problem but if soaping them again just once doesn't hurt then I might not bother.  What do you think?

Well done mate.  Does it become a problem though re soaping windows you've converted to wfp?  Some jobs it takes an absolute age to get rid of the soap residue, especially on the hydrophobic type glass.  I've been thinking of getting a second backpack in case i have a problem but if soaping them again just once doesn't hurt then I might not bother.  What do you think?
I mix and match wfp and trad on the same windows all the time. As long as you wipe up most of the soap residue when trading there shouldn’t be a problem.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just spend a few extra seconds on each window next time just to make sure. One cleans not as bad as after years of trad.

Back