Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers do you have and want?

windymillers

I started my business in January, I live in a small village and there are at least 6 other Window Cleaners

that cover this village, 1 lives in the village.

I have 37 regular 4 weekly customers, my average is just under £10 (lots of £5 flats brought the average down).

I00 is my first target but I would like 150.

I was speaking to another cleaner who was working in the same cul de sac as I was, he is WFP and apparently has 300

customers.

I do get some 1 offs which I don't mind and I have a couple of houses I will clean every few months, I also clean inside of windows on a few,

also a few conservatory roofs, FSG cleaning. I can make more at cleaning FSG than window cleaning.

How many do you have and how many would you like?

Not to put a pin in your balloon but the number of customers is of no importance,  the monthly figures is what you need to be looking at.  

Let's say for now (and for arguments sake) you want a monthly take of £2500 per month and your average is £10 then you need / want 250 customers to get there.   

Of course don't mistake take for profits. if you want £2'500 profits you probably need to do closer to £3k per month. 

I started my business in January, I live in a small village and there are at least 6 other Window Cleaners

that cover this village, 1 lives in the village.

I have 37 regular 4 weekly customers, my average is just under £10 (lots of £5 flats brought the average down).

I00 is my first target but I would like 150.

I was speaking to another cleaner who was working in the same cul de sac as I was, he is WFP and apparently has 300

customers.

I do get some 1 offs which I don't mind and I have a couple of houses I will clean every few months, I also clean inside of windows on a few,

also a few conservatory roofs, FSG cleaning. I can make more at cleaning FSG than window cleaning.

How many do you have and how many would you like?
Are you working full time or part time?

I have about 180 house per month/some every 2 months . I don't want or need any more, but as soon as I have a few good new ones that pay promptly and don't dcik me around I make my excuses. 

As mentioned above, monthly income is the target, the amount of customers is just a means to reaching that figure. Some may be £60 every 4 weeks, some £10.

I do add ons as well so need to leave some space for them. I don't enjoy add ons, but problem is my regulars all expect me to clean their gutters, fascias etc regularly and I like to keep them happy. Ideally I would have maybe 250 regulars and not do add ons. 

Irrelevant conversation as we are all on different paths, moving to different targets.

Ideally I think the perfect number is 300-400 prime jobs in 2-3 areas spread across 10 miles

I have a lot more than this but my staffing overhead and stress is another level

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Irrelevant conversation as we are all on different paths, moving to different targets.

Ideally I think the perfect number is 300-400 prime jobs in 2-3 areas spread across 10 miles

I have a lot more than this but my staffing overhead and stress is another level

I’m quite happy for you to ‘pass over’ some work teaboy - just to alleviate your stress levels of course . Anything DE13 !!!!!

But this will be the most varied disagreed on thread of all time lol

No as I can't disagree with how many YOU want. That's something only YOU can decide.  

Just as how many I want is nothing to do with you. 

We are not discussing the optimum for everyone...  were discussing individual goals. 

And to answer the OP....  not enough..... around 3500 - 4000 by the end of 2020

I agree with the different paths, Just glad most of my work is in one town furthest jobs been 4.5 mile away 

300 would suit me as a solo operator.

I think i currently have over 400 but really its too many to keep up to and my 4 weekly round is now 5 weeks at best, im still in two minds about goals/long term and employing etc. Ive tried 3-4 lads this year and ultimately none of them has worked out. 

On paper loads of customers/staff is great, in reality its really stressfull

what im realising is that i dont actually need that much money to enjoy my life and there had to be a balance to money/work or whats the point.

300, 15 a day is plenty imo

I think i currently have over 400 but really its too many to keep up to and my 4 weekly round is now 5 weeks at best, im still in two minds about goals/long term and employing etc. Ive tried 3-4 lads this year and ultimately none of them has worked out. 

what im realising is that i dont actually need that much money to enjoy my life and there had to be a balance to money/work or whats the point.

Couldnt agree more with this. I miss the odd day off here and there without falling behind

This I can't understand as in if you have so much work they are all on 5 weekly instead of 4 weekly then surely you are doing more work for the same money as you were having a manageable amount of jobs all on a 4 weekly schedule.

I have 350 4 weekly jobs and more on different schedules which I am managing to get through at this time of year along with the good weather we are having  but once the working days become shorter through the autumn and winter then I will be pushed into been out across 6 days a week as I like to keep jobs on schedule as agreed with the client at the outset. So I am now evaluating my rounds and  considering which work to sell

Back