Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vans and wfp set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craigmac

This has no doubt been asked in the past but can anyone give some advice on vans and setups for wfp.

I need at least a 3 seater but am unsure of how big I need to go. I do want to go down the tank set up route and not have to work from the 25l containers.

We already own a domestic and commercial cleaning business and window cleaning was an add on. 

But the vision is to be able to go to a property and clean everything inside and out. We have everything needed for internal cleaning. I have a backpack poles and containers for the windows. Gutter vac will be the next purchase. Current vehicles are a ford Kuga and Focus 

Now I know most of the advice would be just buy big from the start. But I am curious to see what some of you can actually fit into the likes of a partner, dispatch. 

I know everyone is busy but if you could post a picture of the set up I would be grateful.

I HAVE A 6K BUDGET - so no VW transporter 30k suggestions please ?

Thanks 

Craig 

If you need 3 seats you'll need a dispatch/transit/trafic/expert. As for payloads they all have around 1000-1400kg loads. My brother in law works for a national window cleaning company, and he a lwb dispatch. In there he has a 800l 2 man system, a diesel pressure washer, gutter vac, trad tools, ladders on roof and still has room for a few extras.

I have a partner with a 350l tank, and it works perfectly for me. There are three seats but it can't fit three adult window cleaner blokes comfortably with all their muscle mass..

If you already have a steady income from the current business get yourself a lease van. I bought a Vivaro van and had to have the gearbox changed twice in the last 12 months. Do the sums on it and I could have been driving round in a nice new van with all my service and maintenance covered for what I've spent on it. Worst case is that Window cleaning doesn't take off for your business and you end up making your company look more professional. Have a think on what those vehicles currently cost you to fix, tax etc and factor that in to your decision.

Not something I would suggest to someone starting up fresh with no backing but this is expanding your current business then long term it will probably be a wise move. Lets be honest about it, window cleaning is gonna take off and probably overtake your current business eventually!

If you need 3 seats you'll need a dispatch/transit/trafic/expert. As for payloads they all have around 1000-1400kg loads. My brother in law works for a national window cleaning company, and he a lwb dispatch. In there he has a 800l 2 man system, a diesel pressure washer, gutter vac, trad tools, ladders on roof and still has room for a few extras.
I had a look at the dispatch looks like there is ample room. Don't trust the missus with anything bigger. She tends to bump everything lol

If you already have a steady income from the current business get yourself a lease van. I bought a Vivaro van and had to have the gearbox changed twice in the last 12 months. Do the sums on it and I could have been driving round in a nice new van with all my service and maintenance covered for what I've spent on it. Worst case is that Window cleaning doesn't take off for your business and you end up making your company look more professional. Have a think on what those vehicles currently cost you to fix, tax etc and factor that in to your decision.

Not something I would suggest to someone starting up fresh with no backing but this is expanding your current business then long term it will probably be a wise move. Lets be honest about it, window cleaning is gonna take off and probably overtake your current business eventually!
Well our cleaning business is maxed out at the moe we are fully booked. With me looking to splinter off and do the window side. Can earn £200 a day off 1 person with the house cleaning but it is hard graft.

I had a look at the dispatch looks like there is ample room. Don't trust the missus with anything bigger. She tends to bump everything lol

Well our cleaning business is maxed out at the moe we are fully booked. With me looking to splinter off and do the window side. Can earn £200 a day off 1 person with the house cleaning but it is hard graft.
Could be a good investment for you mate. Have a look on https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/ Its a comparison site for lease deals, just make sure you get the right amount of miles. Adds to the professionalism of the business and if you go with the right company and get a maintenance package everything is covered.

Best thing to do is get a new van and kit it out. The one thing in this job we all need is a reliable van. The domestic cleaning business is growing exponentially so there will be plenty of work until it is saturated with molly maids. My Aunt has a cleaner and it started off £13 an hour. A year later it was £15 an hour and now its £18 an hour. I guess it will be £20 an hour fairly soon.

Best thing to do is get a new van and kit it out. The one thing in this job we all need is a reliable van. The domestic cleaning business is growing exponentially so there will be plenty of work until it is saturated with molly maids. My Aunt has a cleaner and it started off £13 an hour. A year later it was £15 an hour and now its £18 an hour. I guess it will be £20 an hour fairly soon.
It still shocks me how much people will pay to have their houses cleaned. Bearing in mind the services are weekly to fortnightly. Not 4 - 8 weekly. In the most extreme cases we have people paying us £350 a month to service their house once a week. But like I said it is hard graft. 

The van would be mainly for window cleaning and the extras associated, gutters, facias and patios.

Might be worth looking at window cleaning warehouse's van package. Van, mount, plus any extras on a finance scheme. Only suggest them as they only in Barry. Or look at the cleaning warehouse or grippatank, they also do it. I know wcw is a 1k deposit the £xxx a month.

Might be worth looking at window cleaning warehouse's van package. Van, mount, plus any extras on a finance scheme. Only suggest them as they only in Barry. Or look at the cleaning warehouse or grippatank, they also do it. I know wcw is a 1k deposit the £xxx a month.
I think Window Cleaning Warehouse now also have a branch in Liverpool that fit vans out.
In the end I bought a 3 year old Peugeot Partner and had Grippatank fit it in my driveway. Worked out well.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think Window Cleaning Warehouse now also have a branch in Liverpool that fit vans out.
In the end I bought a 3 year old Peugeot Partner and had Grippatank fit it in my driveway. Worked out well.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I know it's a big ask but an you post a pic of the setup in the back of your van. The partner was one I have looked at but was concerned about how much room would be left once it had a system installed. 

I know it's a big ask but an you post a pic of the setup in the back of your van. The partner was one I have looked at but was concerned about how much room would be left once it had a system installed. 
No joy downloading photos. At the back ive got areel and room for on the floor.
I have an internal pole rack and store equipment on top of the tank and have a couple of shelves on the door It's a 500 litre double di set up. In the side loading door the vessels are located for resin changes etc. A lot if my work is on narrow residential streets and a Transit sized van would have been a pain to manoeuvre. as a one man band it fits the bill. It's the 850kg payload for that kind of weight I carry.
I've got the much maligned 1.6hdi which pulls well,but thankfully have had no issues yet. I believe flushing the engine at service time helps. Sorry I couldn't help with photos.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

No joy downloading photos. At the back ive got areel and room for on the floor.
I have an internal pole rack and store equipment on top of the tank and have a couple of shelves on the door It's a 500 litre double di set up. In the side loading door the vessels are located for resin changes etc. A lot if my work is on narrow residential streets and a Transit sized van would have been a pain to manoeuvre. as a one man band it fits the bill. It's the 850kg payload for that kind of weight I carry.
I've got the much maligned 1.6hdi which pulls well,but thankfully have had no issues yet. I believe flushing the engine at service time helps. Sorry I couldn't help with photos.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile applancashire

Thanks for describing the layout.

I think for now a partner would be a wise choice big enough for a tank set up and a gutter vac.

Thanks for the advice so far 

This has no doubt been asked in the past but can anyone give some advice on vans and setups for wfp.

I need at least a 3 seater but am unsure of how big I need to go. I do want to go down the tank set up route and not have to work from the 25l containers.

We already own a domestic and commercial cleaning business and window cleaning was an add on. 

But the vision is to be able to go to a property and clean everything inside and out. We have everything needed for internal cleaning. I have a backpack poles and containers for the windows. Gutter vac will be the next purchase. Current vehicles are a ford Kuga and Focus 

Now I know most of the advice would be just buy big from the start. But I am curious to see what some of you can actually fit into the likes of a partner, dispatch. 

I know everyone is busy but if you could post a picture of the set up I would be grateful.

I HAVE A 6K BUDGET - so no VW transporter 30k suggestions please ?

Thanks 

Craig 
Transit trend for sale  2009 MOT sept. owed the van for 7years very good order. service history. Fully kitted out for a 2 man set up 500lt tank professionally fitted to crash standard, £4750 I am in West Yorkshire if you want more info please call me 07740 605422 GLYNN  

Back