Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doing first gutter & fascia clean tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Afternoon,

Doing my first Gutter, fascia & soffit clean tomorrow using Hypo. It’s for a landlord who doesn’t seem to care about her properties too much, as it’s probably the dirtiest gutters I’ve cleaned. I cleared the gutters out last Saturday. Anyway hey’re horrendously dirty!

Ive got 14/15% Hypo, was gonna do a 12-1 mix which makes 1.2 mix, that should be ok hey? Any tips? 

I found the temperature of the water one is using makes the difference. Hot water and the mildew comes off easy. You don't want it to be a hot day or the solution can dry too quickly.

I bought 20 tubs of degreaser from screwfix at £5.99 and you don't need to put a lot in. My mate washed his van with WFP, backpack and some degreaser and hot water and said he finished in jig time. Another use for WFP and backpack.

Afternoon,

Doing my first Gutter, fascia & soffit clean tomorrow using Hypo. It’s for a landlord who doesn’t seem to care about her properties too much, as it’s probably the dirtiest gutters I’ve cleaned. I cleared the gutters out last Saturday. Anyway hey’re horrendously dirty!

Ive got 14/15% Hypo, was gonna do a 12-1 mix which makes 1.2 mix, that should be ok hey? Any tips? 

We use hypo on really bad plastics we use 15% strength and mix it 5 parts water to 1 part hypo this shouldn’t turn the plastic yellow/ brown and if it does it will return to white after a couple of hours or so if there is a grey staining on the plastic usualy hypo will I prove this greatly, we only use hypo on reallbad jobs the rest of the time we use virosol at a 10 parts water to 1 part virosol this will remove most things 

We used hypo on this one 

FDDA9931-4C4F-4E92-B52F-5D5815E31AC8.jpeg

E2A44520-B47D-410B-A2AF-C8EC59007109.jpeg

5B9842F7-0B84-402C-8E68-000CE2F93275.jpeg

1BDE2D40-4124-460E-A9F7-1FDB65A193A2.jpeg

Bottled it, just used Tfr in the end. It was quite a breezy day so thought don’t want to risk using Hypo. I’d prefer to try it at bungalow level first. 

I was surfing utube last night and they say a real lemon juice is as good as any cleaner. Maybe virosol and ubik have lemon juice in them? I will need to try it one day to see if it works.

Back