Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size battery should i choose?

Ash87

Hi 

Im going to treat myself to a new battery this weekend i have always had 115ah batteries from halfords and they have always seen me right and lasted a few years , im just wondering though does having a larger battery increase the life span ? And does it make a diffrence with its day to day voltage levels ? 

I dont have a split charge relay i dont do enough driving

Also euro parts have 35% off this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good practice to never let your battery get below 50% charge (around 12.4v) a 115ah will still probably depending on pump size/age be around 75% full after an average day with 1 operator. So you don't really need one that big but bigger is better as it will last a long time if you forget to charge it at night and it's better for the batteries health to not be overly depleted. It's still better to charge every night though if you want it to last longer.

We use a 110ah leisure battery for two people and it does two people fine without getting too low.

Last edited by a moderator:
115ah batteries .... lasted a few years , im just wondering though does having a larger battery increase the life span ? And does it make a diffrence with its day to day voltage levels ? 
Not sure exactly what you mean but the capacity (ah) of the battery won't affect its voltage. It will still be full/empty at the same voltage roughly.

When I come back home mid morning to refill the 25l barrels, I always put the battery on charge for the time it takes to refill. (And have a cuppa and a smoke!). So far the 32ah battery is still going strong after 3 years. You watch, now I've said this, I bet it dies while I am on hols next week! I believe it's all about the frequency of recharge - years ago as a bike courier I did 100k miles on one battery as the bike was being used all day and every day. When I changed jobs, it died within a week.

Back