Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Goods received from customers

scottish cleaning service

Last week a customer gave me a fifty year old set of bowls (ones you roll) and a 1981 church bulletin leaflet

as she was finally having a clear-out. Today I am getting 2 leather couches, one 2 seater has never

been sat on. I'm beginning to resemble Steptoe & Son and thinking of changing my company name

to Scottish rag & bone man! 

What things have you received or been offered (goods I mean) ?

Last week a customer gave me a fifty year old set of bowls (ones you roll) and a 1981 church bulletin leaflet
as she was finally having a clear-out. Today I am getting 2 leather couches, one 2 seater has never
been sat on. I'm beginning to resemble Steptoe & Son and thinking of changing my company name
to Scottish rag & bone man! 

What things have you received or been offered (goods I mean) ?
I was once given a marble fireplace and hearth looked well in the front room of my old house.
A bugger to lift into the back of the Renault 5 I had at the time.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I was once given a marble fireplace and hearth looked well in the front room of my old house.
A bugger to lift into the back of the Renault 5 I had at the time.

Oh and I've also been offered a couple of old very heavy tellies, politely declined those[emoji21][emoji21]

I was offered a pair of old world war to boots for work! A old boy I clean for is WW2 obsessed, and in conversation I mentioned that my boots were finished, he said wait there a minute, probably 5 minutes later he came down with a old black leather pair of boots. He had done them up himself, the style was hideous!! Said they were ww2.

I said that’s so kind etc and thanked him but said they’re probably too big! They were 11 I’m a size 10. Plus they looked like joke clown shoes lol

Aye, I always try and take anything and if I cant get rid then it goes to the skips. With my van lettered I don't get in so I decline most big things. Used to make a few bob each week with the skip runs but takes up a lot of my time. Now I'm in focus mode with anything to do with cleaning. The cleaning business is growing exponentially and wont stop for decades. Its all to do with demographics and up here we have an aging population. Half our Govs budget goes on the NHS which is our biggest employer and will be for decades to come. 

I’ve been given:

2 cut throat razors from a retired barber.

1 Cadac gas cooker with gas.

a bench vice

g clamps 

drill chuck

musy be other stuff, I struggle saying no thanks?.

Got given a tall patio heater few years ago. Also got a huge table umbrella of a client. Brand spanking new still in wrapper. Husband bought it an she didn't like the couler, no recite an she wouldn't take anything for it.  Have asked if customers throwing stuff sometimes. Amassing what people throw out. Iv taken from behind sheds an skips. Statutory bikes fish tanks. If I think I can get a quick £ I'm all for free stuff.  Never seen to ask but one customer has a glass coffee table sat rotting. Frame is made of shotguns with the barrels open. Looks realy cool an it's thrown behind a stable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We definitely over manufacture as a race, i’m all for recycling, re-using and borrowing. A perfect example is hand tools, shelves are stacked with them. how many are out there in decrepit sheds & garages rusting away. I really dread to think of all that’s going to waste. A Quick clean up and they’ed be fine to use!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Was at a big posh gaff I do last week and noticed some speakers in a skip. Turns out they are bedside cabinets that are bluetooth/tv/radio so asked if I could take them. Sure there's nothing wrong with em the hubby wants something different (Sonos spaekers).
Took them home and they are as good sounding as my Bose cinema surround.
Win win..

A few people have offered me stuff . Usually **** u would dump yourself. I have actually got a few good deals in buying stuff of them . Had a customer I bought a full Halfords tool chest drawer things for £70 . They where like brand new and her husband had passed away. Looked at them online and it was near £400 worth she then said anything else there you fancy just take it 

Back