Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Ordered Another Brush..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ECSEssex

In the past eight weeks I have ordered three Gardiner brushes.. This is getting addictive!

This time I have gone with the xtreme brush - medium mixed with natural hybrid bristles, I purchased it to go alongside the xtreme 25 as I have a few roads with 20+ fronts and I have been feeling the burn compared to when I started in 08.

Does anyone have any experience with this brush ie Pros - Cons

Im hoping I can get trough the fronts a bit quicker with this brush.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been my everyday brush since last October. I personally love it. I’m hoping that the new DuPont bristled version is as good or better when it’s released. 

I’ve found the natural bristles to very effective on slug and snail trails and it’s light weight nicely complements the Xtreme 22 I use as well. I really notice the difference when I switch to the med soft universal brush.

I have had one of these brushes for months, been sat around doing nothing in the van. When I first tried it I found it too light and splayed way too easily for my cleaning style.

I decided to break it out again last week and all I can say is "game changer"!!!

I have been suffering with a bad neck at the back it gets painful and very tense, down to poor posture when cleaning windows. I also have been feeling fatigued after work which I shouldn't be really. I have been working out my whole life and am currently a self appointed athlete, I am in great shape!

I got out the extreme as I fancied more accuracy and this brush delivers that by the bag full, and since I have been using I have felt 100 times better at the end of the day. So much so I would say that it has transformed my job into something that half the effort it used to be.

The reason for this is this, whilst I have been using the extreme I am not pushing on the pole when cleaning as there really is no need!

I just let the brush do the work, if I push on the extreme it will splay and I have never liked that in a brush, The natural bristle perform very well with light pressure. I cant believe I have been wearing myself out for years scrubbing away at glass that did not need it!

I have learned the key is to check each pane before cleaning, if there is something that will need scrubbing then I pay attention to that first with the super scraper if needed. Then just clean as normal. Where before I would scrub each pane with the assumption that there may be  something on there that needed a vigorous scrub and therefore was wasting a lot of energy.

Now I have fell in love with the extreme, I think it only works this way due to the natural bristle as I have tried the ultimate medium and it doesn't feel the same.

I cant believe how much energy I have left after work, all thanks to the extreme.

Finally arrived on Friday (had issues with FedEx) 

What an amazing brush, It took me a few houses to get used to it and to be honest with you I am probably not 100% just yet but I do see both of your points.

For me I find myself working it like a ultimate when In reality I can work slower with it as its less heavy, You really can let the water do the work with this brush as the weight lets you hold the pole in the air longer without fatigue or arm ache.

Once I slow my scrubbing down and chill I bet I don't even notice im working anymore ?

Great thing I made finding about this brush is you can rinse without lifting it off the glass, since it’s a) so light you can quickly shimmy it down the window and b) having only a small amount of bristles it doesn’t hold on to much, if anything! 

The extreme is the only brush i use for maintenance cleans, ive had some other brushes i like equally,  but the lightness wins the day for the extreme.

The only other brush i have is a sill brush for 1st cleans and fsg etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back