Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Robt100

Hi Everyone! New starter here.

Robt100

Thought I'd ressurect this one!
Van is now kitted out and plumbed up, it needs a few slight tweaks but at the moment it can produce water and wash windows, just need to tidy up a drip or two. I had a question about the RO though, I've set it to about 60 waste 40 pure, maybe 55/45 (measured using two jugs and a race to the 500ml line :1f602:)
When the RO is at this ratio the pressure gauge reads 60psi, is this enough or would a booster pump help production? Think ppm in is just over 400, ppm out when first turned on was about 35, but havent given time for the RO to settle yet, resin brings it down to 1ppm anyway so its no issue for now.
Next job is to fit ports in the bumper for the water feed and waste pipes for the RO, any suggestions?

P4dstar
On 04/08/2018 at 21:42, Robt100 said:

Thought I'd ressurect this one!
Van is now kitted out and plumbed up, it needs a few slight tweaks but at the moment it can produce water and wash windows, just need to tidy up a drip or two. I had a question about the RO though, I've set it to about 60 waste 40 pure, maybe 55/45 (measured using two jugs and a race to the 500ml line :1f602:)
When the RO is at this ratio the pressure gauge reads 60psi, is this enough or would a booster pump help production? Think ppm in is just over 400, ppm out when first turned on was about 35, but havent given time for the RO to settle yet, resin brings it down to 1ppm anyway so its no issue for now.
Next job is to fit ports in the bumper for the water feed and waste pipes for the RO, any suggestions?

My water fluctuates between 200 and 400 and my tap pressure is 50psi, by the time it gets through the pre filters i'm getting just over 40psi, once I set it to 50/50 production I am at about 35psi... When the tap TDS is at it's highest I am still getting 31TDS from the membrane. With 60psi you should be getting better results than me. More importantly I am getting 0TDS after the resin, this should be achievable with what you have described your output from the membrane to be, try giving the resin a good shake to get rid of any channels the water has created in it, check your O ring seals on the pre filters etc.

With regards to measuring @spruce recommended I accurately measure the litres I put through the system using one of these;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/tds-meters/digiflow-flow-meter-and-filter-life-monitor-with-1-2-ports.html

Currently on sale as well. I think its a fantastic piece of kit as I know I am changing pre filters when I should be.