Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

World Cup fever

RWCleaning

It’s almost here. Just seeing if anyone else will be finishing early to watch the 2:00/5:00 games?? How do we think England will do? Who are the favourites in your opinion?

I think this year we are going into it with no pressure..every euro or World Cup we are massively over hyped by our press and we always end up being shite! So fingers crossed we might do. Ether than the normal quarter final/last 16! I’m think France but could be any between the usual suspects Brazil,Germans and the Spanish 

Yep, looking forward to it. Can see England getting through their group, just, then will probably get knocked out.

Did a sweepstake in my local Saturday night, £10 a go. Said to my mates that I had a really good feeling I’m going to win it. Opened my envelope, drew Senegal ??

RW..

Where are you based down here in Dorset ?? I saw your van on the Westbourne bypass Tuesday tea time.

Van looks great, I have just got a newer van and need it sign written..

Can I ask where you got it sign written, would you recommend them and how much they charged ???

Cheers 

Patrick

Doesn't really interest me as much as it did when I was a kid. 

Don't know why, I still like and watch football but only really watch my club team, watching other teams apart from finals etc doesn't really bother me.

I'll watch England and I'll watch the final and bits of games here and there but doubt I'll sit down and watch a full game without moving unless it's the above.

RW..

Where are you based down here in Dorset ?? I saw your van on the Westbourne bypass Tuesday tea time.

Van looks great, I have just got a newer van and need it sign written..

Can I ask where you got it sign written, would you recommend them and how much they charged ???

Cheers 

Patrick
Hey Patrick,

yep sure that was me dashing over to hamworty to pick up a parcel before they shut at 6, got there at 5:57, walked in thinking I was the bees knees lol

Anyway, thank you very much. And I’m in Bournemouth. 

Cool mate what van did you get? 

I got my sign writing from ‘eye catcher’

based in Ringwood (he’s on google) Really good guy. Works incredibly fast. For sides, back & bonnet think it was £350 but can look it up tonight to confirm??

I was under the impression he was expensive after he did my first van and so with this new Vw van I got a quote somewhere else in Poole and they were more than him. 

Whenever I get a newer van I will use him again. 

So are you just starting out mate?

Doesn't really interest me as much as it did when I was a kid. 

Don't know why, I still like and watch football but only really watch my club team, watching other teams apart from finals etc doesn't really bother me.

I'll watch England and I'll watch the final and bits of games here and there but doubt I'll sit down and watch a full game without moving unless it's the above.
Better off with the rugby mate, especially if your a Wildcat's fan? Battered Wigan today and put the mighty saints 4 points clear at the top ?

England looks to be playing decent passing football,can see the Managers "philosophy" but when we are up against decent sides do not know if lone striker will work....gotta score to win.

Harry Kane is very good,but needs help!!!!

Better off with the rugby mate, especially if your a Wildcat's fan? Battered Wigan today and put the mighty saints 4 points clear at the top ?

No mate no interest in rugby, can't say I've ever watched it apart from going to to few cas games as a kid with mates and I can't remember much about that either.

Only sports i watch these days are boxing and cycling.

RW..

I am in Branksome Park..

Thanks for heads up on sign writing.

I get a 5 year old Nissan NV200 tomorrow. A major step up for me from my now dead 17 year old Fiesta van, been using my partners car all week which is a pain in the **** but I am very grateful to her.

I have been in business 18 months working with barriels and backpack and now need to sort static tank/pump/controller etc etc and sign write van. Business has really taken off this spring/summer and I can see lots more coming my way.

I will keep an eye out for you.

Patrick

England looks to be playing decent passing football,can see the Managers "philosophy" but when we are up against decent sides do not know if lone striker will work....gotta score to win.

Harry Kane is very good,but needs help!!!!
Surely after that performance, it has to be Kane and Rashford starting up front.

Stirling and Vardy on the bench.

My mate and I was watching rugby when he said ‘do you want to make this interesting?’

So we stopped watching rugby ?

RW..

I am in Branksome Park..

Thanks for heads up on sign writing.

I get a 5 year old Nissan NV200 tomorrow. A major step up for me from my now dead 17 year old Fiesta van, been using my partners car all week which is a pain in the **** but I am very grateful to her.

I have been in business 18 months working with barriels and backpack and now need to sort static tank/pump/controller etc etc and sign write van. Business has really taken off this spring/summer and I can see lots more coming my way.

I will keep an eye out for you.

Patrick
Ah cool, yep we’ve all been there with the barrels & back pack,  I used them for 18 months or so, don’t miss them. 

Glad to hear it’s going well! Nv200 is a good van, a good mate of mine George has one for wfp, and funny enough lives by branksome wreck as well! Small world. 

Hes got a 500L tank in his, but really has to watch his weight load.

Yeh Kane & Rashford to start in the first 2 group games. Hopefully get 6 points then tighten up midfield against Belgium and hopefully nick a draw, but Belgium would have to have a off day as well.

Midfield stills lacks real quality. ‘Hendo’ or dier or Delph, nothing really to get excited about. Alli & Sterling way too inconsistent to rely on. Loftus cheek has been quite impressive though.

I like the young/brave & forward thinking defence, full backs flying up, maguire & stones really comfortable on the ball. 

Like me most pundits & fans, get past the last 16 tie, that’s good enough this time. Think performances are most important than results this time in a way.

There’s 6 teams comfortably better than England. 

England to go out after finishing 2nd in our group. Backing France to get to the final. Along with Brazil

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

All these different ideas & tactics. I like Spain’s idea of sacking the manager who never lost a game, a day before the World Cup! Now that is rock & roll 

Yes Belgium have a incredible team. But a average manager, same as France. Frances attacking options is crazy. Think Belgium will under achieve and knocked out by the first other ‘big team’ they play. France very unpredictable, maybe another runner up place like two years ago. 

Brazil look so balanced now, even have two good goalkeepers, and Brazil never have good goalkeepers! Neymar will annoyingly be player of the tournament scoring 5+ goals. Brazil and either France or Germany in final 

A few people saying Uruguay are a dark horse, maybe not to win but semi final/3rd place winner. They’re 33/1 to win it last time I checked. A few really good players. 

Back