Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×

If we finish 3rd that will be our best result since 1966.

I think thats worth playing for, i mean they have to play it, so may as well play to win.

I dont think southgate will want us to lose to belgium twice.. at least it would end on a more positive note.

well, call it bad loser or whatever you like, but imo the way they hacked and barged etc was as bad as columbia the other day. It knocked us out of our composure, and they knew if we were allowed to play the game fair and proper, they would lose. Also are they tested? It seemed like croatia had all had adrenalin shots or some other enhancing **** at half time. It dont matter if it ends up 3 players left on each side, you shouldnt get away with hacking and elbowing etc. I hope france get it, purely as I think they will play cleaner.

On 12/07/2018 at 08:04, adamangler said:

We did well to get that far, had a lucky draw and lost twice to better sides in Belgium and Croatia.

I know a lot were saying after the game we will get better and do well at the next big tournament. However we won't, the squad just isn't good enough and unless some world class players come through the youth setup, the next Gerrard, scholes, Owens etc then we won't be winning anything for decades. Getting to a semi flattered us. Just the reality, too many bang average players with maybe 2-3 who can claim to be top level on a very good day..France would have beat us comfortably anyway.

Thing is we have a manager who is trying to bring a "style" of play to the squad...like Germany,s blueprint....does not happen overnight.....of course you need good players plus a couple of world class players to win the big one....but look at Brazil,Argentina,Portugal....they have the best individual trio of  world class players..........they have gone home. We have to rely on a style and fit players into that style which that guy in the waistcoat is trying to do....time will tell.....but look at the under 21s etc successes.

6 hours ago, mike007 said:

Thing is we have a manager who is trying to bring a "style" of play to the squad...like Germany,s blueprint....does not happen overnight.....of course you need good players plus a couple of world class players to win the big one....but look at Brazil,Argentina,Portugal....they have the best individual trio of  world class players..........they have gone home. We have to rely on a style and fit players into that style which that guy in the waistcoat is trying to do....time will tell.....but look at the under 21s etc successes.

Smashed, but this post made me smile and totally agree, top draw 👌