Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Supreme DuPont review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Barney

I noticed that there has been some interest in this brush on the forum.

So @Alex Gardinerkindly sent me a Supreme DuPont brush to test and give feedback on at the end of April.

I've been using the brush for over a month now and I must admit first impressions are very good.

I've been using it as my main brush and generally just trying it on all types of windows. For me it suits most.

Here is the feedback I gave Alex.

1. The brush does seem to have better scubbing power. It seems to remove normal bird poo quite easily, although hard baked on stuff still needs the gardiner scraper pad.
  2. Personally i think that it removes spider webs which get stuck in corners more easily with the nylon bristles.
  3. Some dirty first cleans have been done with it and I was impressed how easily it cleaned them, both frames and glass.
  4. It might just be me but I don't think that it holds as much dirt as the normal supreme when doing dirty jobs or first cleans, and a quick flick with the hand easily releases debris.
  5. Even some insect poo and bee pollen were removed if they had not been there too long or baked on, but unfortunatley I still had to use the scraper pad for the subborn marks.
  6. I have tried it on several types of windows including leaded (seemed to glide over the lead better while still giving a good clean). Tried it on painted real georgian houses with the ornate sash windows, and was impressed on how easy it was to get in the groves of the sash windows and get cobwebs out. Obviously for maintenence cleans on pvc it works well.
  7. Overall I think it does speed things up a bit especially on 2/3 monthly cleans.

I know someone commented on astragal windows. Yes this brush works well on those too. In fact I did a first clean with this brush on those and results were good. But as we all know some of those fake plastic georgian windows are terrible in design. I have some that are just held on with a few spots of glue. Eventually you just touch them and they come off.

Hope this helps those interested in this brush.

Excellent review, I'm using the ultimate and totally agree.

Only time I change my brush now is when I have days of cleaning house after house of leaded glass then I use a flock brush also on houses with old original leaded listed building then flock again.

My favourite hybrid is the 30% boars hair from Tecbuk which I run with 2mm pencil jets. Unfortunately They are no longer. The site has gone and Richard has gone awol. So... I purchased a Tucker Hybrid and the Supreme DuPont Hybrid. I have Gardiner pivots on all 3. Tucker fitted with their rinse bar and Gardiner with 40° fans. Both are excellent. I’m going to swap out the 2 fans and replace them with 4x jets on the Gardiner. Light and nimble, it has excellent scrubbing combined with a slick feel on the glass that DuPont bristle always gives. The inner bristle is called ‘natural fibre’. Not boars hair so not as aggressive as the larger Tucker but still very effective nonetheless. When I have all 3 in the vehicle I tend to default to the Tucker but I think this may change when I swap the fans for pencil on the Gardiner. Unfortunately I can’t try the Tucker spray bar on the Gardiner without butchering it (and they’re too damn expensive to do that to)... Now, if I could have the splay of the Tecbuk with the aggression of the Tucker on the Gardiner block? That for me would be the perfect residential brush...

Gardiner don't list a Supreme with DuPont bristles. An Ultimate, yes: but I don't see a Supreme.
See page 4 towards bottom of thread they are only just getting the first production brushes out now.

I was using the Gardiner Ultimate DuPont. But have now switched over to the Xline Du Pont. Seems to get More off the upstairs sills and cleans ground floor sills better, has got a lot more bristles and seems to do a great job also very light. Worth a look 

Gardiner don't list a Supreme with DuPont bristles. An Ultimate, yes: but I don't see a Supreme.
Hi Spruce you won't find this brush on Gardiner's web site as they are not in production yet.

Alex sent me a pre-production brush to test to see how good they were.

In my opinion they are are very good. Used as my main brush now.

I think Alex is offering/selling some of these as mentioned in another thread.

You will have to ask @Alex Gardiner about if they will go into full production and what the cost will be.

I was using the Gardiner Ultimate DuPont. But have now switched over to the Xline Du Pont. Seems to get More off the upstairs sills and cleans ground floor sills better, has got a lot more bristles and seems to do a great job also very light. Worth a look 

I love the 'which is the best brush' posts. It just goes to show how brush preference is a very personal thing. Another post on one of the forums reports the Xline brushes are rubbish and we have a couple on here who couldn't get on with the Ultimate Dupont.

Then we have a few who have 'trashed' the Tuckers latest Du Pont brush saying its not a patch on their previous brush.

I don't really know what my favourite brush is tbh. I like the Gardiner sill brush but its heavy (for me). I had an Extreme stiff brush on my SLX40 but changed it for a Supreme with soft bristles which splays and cleans better that the stiff Extreme but has a weight penalty.

I purchased an Ultimate with medium bristles, but initially I didn't like it. I've put it back on the pole about a month ago and its growing on me.

What this means is that I have a pile of half used brushes that keep growing. Gone are the days when a modified Vikan brush was used until it had no more bristles left. ?

I love the 'which is the best brush' posts. It just goes to show how brush preference is a very personal thing. Another post on one of the forums reports the Xline brushes are rubbish and we have a couple on here who couldn't get on with the Ultimate Dupont.

Then we have a few who have 'trashed' the Tuckers latest Du Pont brush saying its not a patch on their previous brush.

I don't really know what my favourite brush is tbh. I like the Gardiner sill brush but its heavy (for me). I had an Extreme stiff brush on my SLX40 but changed it for a Supreme with soft bristles which splays and cleans better that the stiff Extreme but has a weight penalty.

I purchased an Ultimate with medium bristles, but initially I didn't like it. I've put it back on the pole about a month ago and its growing on me.

What this means is that I have a pile of half used brushes that keep growing. Gone are the days when a modified Vikan brush was used until it had no more bristles left. ?
I liked the ultimate medium good for rinsing on and for winter use fast on the glass I find it didn’t quite have the scrubbing power of the medium soft for summer use.

Now I have the ultimate DuPont hybrid that’s basically All I use apart from days I use the flock due to many house s of leaded windows. 

Back