Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Valves Keep Breaking?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the new-ish Gardiner Valves abit easy to break? I broke/snapped off the little black leaver bit for the second time in just over a month. I’m not the most delicate, but I’m also not stupid or careless with my stuff. I went to get my old old pole out of the shed the other day for soft washing, noticed it had the old valve with the red on it, those valves never seemed to break despite me remembering that I used to accidentally step on them etc. Now I make sure I don’t tread on them, but somehow I’ve had two break in 4/5 weeks. That’s £20+vat gone, and I don’t really know how or why....

Anyone else finding this? I’m NOT giving Gardiner a bad name, they’re my favourite supplier for quality AND service. 

Thanks. 

Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone else is finding the new-ish Gardiner Valves abit easy to break? I broke/snapped off the little black leaver bit for the second time in just over a month. I’m not the most delicate, but I’m also not stupid or careless with my stuff. I went to get my old old pole out of the shed the other day for soft washing, noticed it had the old valve with the red on it, those valves never seemed to break despite me remembering that I used to accidentally step on them etc. Now I make sure I don’t tread on them, but somehow I’ve had two break in 4/5 weeks. That’s £20+vat gone, and I don’t really know how or why....

Anyone else finding this? I’m NOT giving Gardiner a bad name, they’re my favourite supplier for quality AND service. 

Thanks. 
I don’t have any experience with the valves but if they are breaking so easy tell Gardiner. I’m surprised you had to pay for new parts, normally they will replace duds free of charge. I’d get on the phone to them (then leave a message and wait them to call you back ?) and explain. 

One of these I assume, I tried these years ago and would end up standing on them whilst working and they would become damaged easily. Personally I prefer the valve in the second pic as they last well over a year. 

pushfit_valve_8mm_gardiner_800.jpg

wh-14-tap-valve.jpg

I reckon on them lasting about a year. It’s the teeth inside that seem to disintegrate. They don’t like being swapped about. Never broken the tap bit though. Could you glue it back together?

Useful on longer poles where you can’t reach the end to pull a univalve.

We previously used those mounted onto the pole with large jubilee clips. Swore blind they were the best way to do it, followed by swearing blind I'd never use a uni valve blah blah... Had the chance to try one a few months back, instantly ordered 4 for all the poles [emoji23] so much quicker and easier! But I agree the second yellow topped ones are far more Hardy.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

One of these I assume, I tried these years ago and would end up standing on them whilst working and they would become damaged easily. Personally I prefer the valve in the second pic as they last well over a year. 

View attachment 14007

View attachment 14008
Yes that’s right, the top pic ones. The black tap bit just breaks off. I’ve not mentioned it to Gardiner, not done a order since. Waiting till they get more back packs in as I need another one.

Might try uni valves sometime. Reason was I was wondering was if other people were having problems with these valves was if they were common problems then maybe Gardiner would change them etc.

but guess it’s me just being unfortunate Or clumsy. Plus I’m not much of a complainer or moaner. 

Yep mine broke within a week. My father in law has the old style one and it’s well over a year old, drags it along the fall all day no issues at all [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Yep mine broke within a week. My father in law has the old style one and it’s well over a year old, drags it along the fall all day no issues at all
emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Yeh I think the old ones are better. 

Yes that’s right, the top pic ones. The black tap bit just breaks off. I’ve not mentioned it to Gardiner, not done a order since. Waiting till they get more back packs in as I need another one.

Might try uni valves sometime. Reason was I was wondering was if other people were having problems with these valves was if they were common problems then maybe Gardiner would change them etc.

but guess it’s me just being unfortunate Or clumsy. Plus I’m not much of a complainer or moaner. 

We are always happy for clients to contact us directly with any product warranty issues - we do not count this as 'complaining or moaning' ?

It is more efficient than posting on the forum as we do not always check forums that regularly and only spotted this as another poster had tagged me in on the thread (thanks Clisty1989)

Could you email your product issues along with a photo and order number to [email protected] and the Customer Service Team can look into this for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are always happy for clients to contact us directly with any product warranty issues - we do not count this as 'complaining or moaning' ?

It is more efficient than posting on the forum as we do not always check forums that regularly and only spotted this as another poster had tagged me in on the thread (thanks Clisty1989)

Could you email your product issues along with a photo and order number to [email protected] and the Customer Service Team can look into this for you.
Thanks Alex, that’s kind. Ok will do it over the weekend. 

Back