Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing driveways

footsoldier79

I'm fairly new to posting but here goes. I

Mainly window clean in Surrey/ Hampshire but have recently been asked to pressure wash patio's and driveways. I know there has previously been various topics/ discussions on this subject but wanted to get a rough idea on what to charge for the job in the picture.

It's definitely a clean required with potential for a sand and re seal so any approximate break downs would be greatly appreciated. (DSC_1379.JPGI know the picture is a little vague but the width of the driveway is approx my Ford Transit and a half) Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
£3 a sq metre is what I am charging up here but down there then anything from £3. I would begin at £3 and see how it goes. When the custy is standing on the driveway then just measure it and say 100 sq metres so its £300. It will take you a full day to begin with.

I’m looking at that as 4 hours with a jet wash, (£160) + 4-5 bags of sand -£25. + a re-sanding charge -£40

Total = £225.

(Not including blackwash or anything, if they want a chemical treatment charge them for the extra labor, the price of the chemicals and the PPE)

And make sure they pay for the chemicals up front. Cant be shelling out on them for them to just cancel the job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I powerwash and sand for £3 but if they want sealer then its £5 minimum but I don't want to go down that route. You have to buy a blower to clean area and you need a hot dry day to seal it. Not many hot dry days up here so I could be waiting a while. I will sell them the resiblock and let them do it their selves.

As my gardener said, not worth taking mower out van for £10. Once you buy all the stuff (dry sand) and mix the chems, could you really charge less than £200? I would be looking at a full day for that monoblock driveway and then I wouldn't need to rush. You could start at 9.30am and miss the mad school run and be finished for 3pm with £300 in your tail. Why be greedy?

If they are close you can get two of these in a day, as it happens got two coming up on thursday. One the same size, one a bit smaller, should get both done comfortably between 8 & 5. Re-sand the following evening then after work, gonna be a looong Friday.
(Neither of them are having chemical treatments so will save on time there)

Aye, I canny wait to get my 16hp pressure washer, 250 bar at 21 lpm. I hope it will be simple with the fsc. Just realized that sanding will have to be the next day after it has dried out unless its a hot sunny day.

I’m looking at that as 4 hours with a jet wash, (£160) + 4-5 bags of sand -£25. + a re-sanding charge -£40
Total = £225.
(Not including blackwash or anything, if they want a chemical treatment charge them for the extra labor, the price of the chemicals and the PPE)
And make sure they pay for the chemicals up front. Cant be shelling out on them for them to just cancel the job

Sensible priced and so nt forget if your new to it be prepared to go a bit cheaper to start with, it's handy for the experience and so you get before and after photos. Short term more success at quote long term better rep...and up prices.

fsc cant do corners so your using turbo anyway. Yeah it makes a bit of mess during the initial clean but i just use it to wash windows walls ect after the bulk of the filth has been washed away.

Fsc handy for small patios in my opinion, less risk of turbo marks *left when you judder over some bits and maybe go right over others correctly.

If your using hypo less risk of this anyway and a turbo is fine, I use a twin headed one just to get a lot of water down and I often rinse off with it too..from a distance. Funny enough the single turbo doesn't kick out twice the pressure of the duel turbo I notice, but perhaps has a bit more pressure.

Some guys fsc then turbo local to me, personally that's a lot of lost time I think.

Back