Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tiny pointed conny roof.

ks789

Dont really want to be doing much conny roofs if I can help it. Soon as my works near full will just avoid. Did one today, was minging and Id rather just have the simple life, no chemicals etc. However, went to look at job today and this one was tiny, with a pointy roof. I would've put pic up but dont have camera on my basic phone. Anyway, I cant see that this particular roof would take more than about 10 minutes, seriously. tinted glass, and steep sloping, brown, not white upvc. I know everyone says like minimum of £30 for conny roof, but ive said £20 for the house and conny/roof. Looks about 20 minute job tbh. Anyone else done these tiny/easy ones? and many others avoid conny roofs altogether? Interesting to hear.

Dont really want to be doing much conny roofs if I can help it. Soon as my works near full will just avoid. Did one today, was minging and Id rather just have the simple life, no chemicals etc. However, went to look at job today and this one was tiny, with a pointy roof. I would've put pic up but dont have camera on my basic phone. Anyway, I cant see that this particular roof would take more than about 10 minutes, seriously. tinted glass, and steep sloping, brown, not white upvc. I know everyone says like minimum of £30 for conny roof, but ive said £20 for the house and conny/roof. Looks about 20 minute job tbh. Anyone else done these tiny/easy ones? and many others avoid conny roofs altogether? Interesting to hear.
I do the teeny tiny ones if I have the house to clean regular, it keeps the customers happy and like you say an extra 20-30 quid for a few mins work...i only do conny roofs/ fascias on Saturdays as not to mess with my weekly rota.. bonus of weekend work is that even the weather doesn't have a say when your customer thinks you " squeezing" them in ?

Chemicals involved with conny roof cleans, I use different brush heads for them. I think you've sold yourself short a little bit there. I would have been tempted to make the job take longer and charged a little more. Think a few moves ahead... You clean this conny and windows for £20, the customers daughter rings for a quote and you say thats £120.... You have some explaining to do! I have charged £150 for a massive conny roof and house before but if I had cleaned one of his mates for £20 I couldn't talk my way to £150 (Hope that makes sense)

I find conny roofs the most laborious of tasks. We do them yes but it’s not enjoyable, and i’m never quite happy enough with the end result. Even though the customers are thrilled, it’s just an endless rinsing task of all those millions of tiny dirt particles that get trapped in the seals. There are thousands off them and they just keep appearing. In the end i always find myself at my wits end & knackered. you can easily end up losing too much time, money, and wasting too much water. At some point or other you have to just say it is now “acceptedly clean” or you could be there forever and a day. The finials are only glued on as well, had one where the big end spike fell off once from scrubbing a bit over excitedly. Felt guilty about it but the customer was fine about it. Can’t say i enjoyed that moment. And you cant get to the finials by hand either so they never end up looking as good as the window frames. A lot of backbreaking, shoulder creaking effort for a result i usually wish to be better

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yen I don’t enjoy them, medium to smalll plastic ones are ok. But glass (of any size) I hate. I reckon of all the glass roofs I’ve cleaned... maybe 50? Only two or three I’ve walked away thinking “that was a good payer” all the rest end up being the same or even less than easy regular window cleans. 

I find conny roofs the most laborious of tasks. We do them yes but it’s not enjoyable, and i’m never quite happy enough with the end result. Even though the customers are thrilled, it’s just an endless rinsing task of all those millions of tiny dirt particles that get trapped in the seals. There are thousands off them and they just keep appearing. In the end i always find myself at my wits end & knackered. you can easily end up losing too much time, money, and wasting too much water. At some point or other you have to just say it is now “acceptedly clean” or you could be there forever and a day. The finials are only glued on as well, had one where the big end spike fell off once from scrubbing a bit over excitedly. Felt guilty about it but the customer was fine about it. Can’t say i enjoyed that moment. And you cant get to the finials by hand either so they never end up looking as good as the window frames. A lot of backbreaking, shoulder creaking effort for a result i usually wish to be better
Agreed mate and I can't imagine any size conny roof and windows for £20 being a good deal for anyone except the customer!

Yen I don’t enjoy them, medium to smalll plastic ones are ok. But glass (of any size) I hate. I reckon of all the glass roofs I’ve cleaned... maybe 50? Only two or three I’ve walked away thinking “that was a good payer” all the rest end up being the same or even less than easy regular window cleans. 
I've come across a few glass ones where the moss has actually become the seal. Trying to explain to the customer that if I remove all that moss from the joints in between the glass panels they will have leaks is nearly impossible.

I'm not a lover of conny roofs and generally avoid one offs (even though I advertise it on my van).
But I do a monthly one, a 5 panel glass straight slope and it takes me 20 minutes to do including the house I charge £20 all in which seems cheap, but I hit the £1 a minute target and it's on a compact run, now if the customer changed the roof frequency to say every 6 months or a year then the roof price would have to go up significantly because that roof is gonna be a pain to clean as it is it's pretty easy.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm not a lover of conny roofs and generally avoid one offs (even though I advertise it on my van).
But I do a monthly one, a 5 panel glass straight slope and it takes me 20 minutes to do including the house I charge £20 all in which seems cheap, but I hit the £1 a minute target and it's on a compact run, now if the customer changed the roof frequency to say every 6 months or a year then the roof price would have to go up significantly because that roof is gonna be a pain to clean as it is it's pretty easy.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Oh yeah for sure. If they are done regularly it really does make all the difference.
The wear and tear first cleans put on your poles and brush heads is something to be considered also & the Same with FSG’s

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yeh as I thought, whole lot took 20 mins so though maybe I could've charged more 20s ok for me.  It was fair clean already to be fair. Am picking up enough new work luckily that i will be able to turn down any tricky ones.

I'm the opposite of most in here, I love doing them, but always charge a set price per panel + an extra tenner for any fancy finials, then add a tenner on top

images

roof was kind of like that, less glass at sides though, and brown upvc. Yeh I guess if you go for it, it can be a good earner as many have trouble getting windies to do them round here.

roof was kind of like that, less glass at sides though, and brown upvc. Yeh I guess if you go for it, it can be a good earner as many have trouble getting windies to do them round here.
To give you an idea I'd charge £30 for that, takes minutes, even if it was bad, as long as not self cleaning glass then wet it, spray with chem of choice then I'd do windows of main house, then scrub & rinse, go over missed bits, then do Conny glass

Back