Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Roof Rotating Air Vent

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Has anyone got one fitted if so does it make a big difference? The condensation buildup is not a problem at the moment but it will be later on during the year. Just thinking is it worth fitting them I notice that a lot of facilities maintenance companies have them fitted and they just carry power tools. 

Honestly, you shouldn't be having condensation problems now. If you are you need to recify the leaks.

They are good at removing air from the van, but they also remove warm air in winter and cold air from outside will be drawn into replace it. So I would feel that would be counter productive.

We fitted them to dog vans (police, RSPCA etc) and the council vans that were used for clearing dog poop bins. We never fitted them to facilities managers vans although I have seen them fitted. It was a way of increasing circulation/ventilation in the warmer months if the van stood in the sun.

The Flettner roof vents also have an additional air shut off facility so you can shut off the air extraction ability, but that negates the reason for fitting it in the first place.

Alright Spruce I'm not having a problem now. Was just thinking of having one fitted for when it goes colder. Because in the winter the roof is dripping all the time. 

Alright Spruce I'm not having a problem now. Was just thinking of having one fitted for when it goes colder. Because in the winter the roof is dripping all the time. 
I think we had condensation on the roof of the van twice this past winter and it wasn't dripping. I just dried it off with a towel. I also tended to leave the van doors open before it got too cold to air it out so this helped. I did that once or twice a week.

No matter what we do a little condensation forms around the tank even although its under a duvet.

We shake the poles to remove excess water from the bush heads before we put the poles into the van. As we coil the pole hose up we open the Univalves so the water drains out of the hose.

I have hozelock tap connectors that are filled with silicone adhesive which gets pushed onto the connector on the hose reel. This prevents any water dripping into the van. If the hose on the hose reel is dripping wet due to bad weather, I put a towel down on the van's floor to catch any drips.

All said and done, the van is pretty dry.

I watched a local lad wash his fixed hose reels off inside the van the other day to clean them. The inside of his van was just full of dirty, soapy water.

I always keep my van doors shut which won't help. Thanks mate will look at your tips and start doing them. 
We don't leave the van doors open when we are working. When I leave the rear door/s open its when the van is reversed onto our driveway.

Consider one of these moisture sucking contraptions they use in cellars and caravans. I got one which is wall mounted, and the van feels and smells better with it.

Yeh I’ve got one on my caddy. maybe slightly helps, my van doesn’t get as much condensation as my old bosses van, don’t know if that’s solely the vent or not but yeh guess I’d rather have one then not in our job. 

Back