Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose keeps kinking

Adda85

Hi I am using the facelift black pole hose and the last few weeks have been an absolute nightmare the hose keeps kinking constantly so much so that every job is taking me twice as long to do. I have tried twisting the pole but that hasn’t helped, not sure what to do to stop it kinking, can anyone help? I’ve only had the hose a couple of months.

Hi I am using the facelift black pole hose and the last few weeks have been an absolute nightmare the hose keeps kinking constantly so much so that every job is taking me twice as long to do. I have tried twisting the pole but that hasn’t helped, not sure what to do to stop it kinking, can anyone help? I’ve only had the hose a couple of months.
Join the club. This warm weather doesn’t help. It makes the hose more supple and prone to kinking a lot easier. Maybe try using a thicker hose. I’ve just swapped my 6mm inside diameter for 5mm and it’s helped a little bit not much.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The hose kinks up because it's got twisted. If you remove the twist it should stop kinking. This what I've found anyway.

When we finish a window we will more often than not turn away from the window in the same direction depending on whether we are right or left handed. As a result we will inadvertently be feeding a twist into our hose. If you don't remove the twist your hose will eventually tie itself in knots (kink up).

I use a tubeless setup with a JG conector at the base of my pole. One advantage of this is that if my hose begins to twist up I can disconnect the hose here and untwist it till the hose lays flat and reconnect.

Another way is to try to make yourself more aware of which way you turn when you leave a window and if you nearly always turn the same way then turn the pole one turn the oposite way when you do, thus undoing each twist as you put it in. I do this most of the time but invariably I'll have to disconnect once or twice a day and remove a twist.

Since working this out I seldom have problems with twisted hoses

Tubeless is the way to go. Preferably with a coupling that rotates.

The facelift pole hose is rubbish though, and kinks worse than others I have tried.

The hose kinks up because it's got twisted. If you remove the twist it should stop kinking. This what I've found anyway.

When we finish a window we will more often than not turn away from the window in the same direction depending on whether we are right or left handed. As a result we will inadvertently be feeding a twist into our hose. If you don't remove the twist your hose will eventually tie itself in knots (kink up).

I use a tubeless setup with a JG conector at the base of my pole. One advantage of this is that if my hose begins to twist up I can disconnect the hose here and untwist it till the hose lays flat and reconnect.

Another way is to try to make yourself more aware of which way you turn when you leave a window and if you nearly always turn the same way then turn the pole one turn the oposite way when you do, thus undoing each twist as you put it in. I do this most of the time but invariably I'll have to disconnect once or twice a day and remove a twist.

Since working this out I seldom have problems with twisted hoses
Good post, I always turn away from the window the same direction unconsciously and the hose twists the same way every time. I remember to give the pole a clockwise twist after each house and it's fine. 

I'll add though, that if they let it get very bad without sorting it out for a long time the twists can become permanent and it won't lay flat even when you untwist it.

You've got to be careful with tubeless though- When you've got a thinner pole hose then that twists easier than the thicker main hose so it doesn't get that bad before it's noticeable and it stays near the end. With tubeless it's the main hose that twists and they can go a lot further down the hose before you notice so it can get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back