Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

spray nozzle for the end of wfp

looking for a way to attach a hose with nozzle to my wfp to spray chemical on gfs to save having to go up the ladder or keep bringing the brush down to spray and can't find a long enough telescopic sprayer is there anything available

I just fill my trad bucket with the mix and dip the brush in every time. Its a bit quicker than spraying the brush I’ve found ?‍♂️
Or You could always have another backpack dedicated to chemicals. I think thats what i will do when i eventually get into soft washing.
Benz softwash is a really useful site theres some good tips and videos. They all do it a little differently but a few of the guys in the videos just use backpacks and wfps. Standard pencil jets and a brush would contain any chemical better rather than it spraying everywhere through a nozzle i reckon.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

looking for a way to attach a hose with nozzle to my wfp to spray chemical on gfs to save having to go up the ladder or keep bringing the brush down to spray and can't find a long enough telescopic sprayer is there anything available

Da components do nozzle spray that attaches to angle adapter. I haven't used it, but I have seen videos and it looks the part. I think it's about £40, although I've seen one's on eBay for £20 ... Could be second hand.

The thing about 'spraying chemicals is you don't really want to be spraying them. You want to be applying them. 

On some of the softwash pages on FB and the likes lads are looking for 20lpm machines that can jet this and that so far but there's an issue. 

When jetting 20lpm you'll lose a portion to overspray.  You'll have way too much chemical pouring onto the surface and your operational costs shoot up. 

What I found in softwashing is an old WFP brush with low and I mean around 1lpm is best as your not spraying here there and everywhere. The brush let's you control super accurately where the chem is going and allows agitation at the same time.  A lot less chem for same result and hence a lot less cost. 

Hugely reduced overspray so less risk to plant life ect.

I use an old WFP and an old brush with pencil jets for 99% of the cleaning I do. The other 1% where I can't get good purchase with the brush, the joins between the guttering and some corners, I use a nozzle that I got from Benz some years ago.

If you are using a Gardiners backpack, swap the motor for one of these. 

https://www.softwashtechnology.co.uk/collections/pumps/products/everflo-ef1000-demand-pump-12v-up-to-2-8-bar-3-8-lpm

Using anything other than water invalidates your warranty on the back pack. Changing the pump will probably invalidate your warranty also

but you don't want the thing to pack up mid use due to anything other than water running through the pump.

That's if the warranty actually means anything as I have seen the reply from Gardiners when another window cleaner I know from down South complained about the vari speed control packing up after 5 weeks. Ran nothing but water through it, as he doesn't do softwashing, but was told that he had exceeded "fair wear and tear". After 5 weeks?

I've said before and I'll say it again. Gardiners poles and brushes are brilliant. Really thought out and they work. The back packs? Ummmm! 

And I know that the owner of Gardiners reads these pages.

was told that he had exceeded "fair wear and tear". After 5 weeks?
Quite possibly Seth.  Afterall backpacks are designed for occasional usage, not to be run all day.  If you doing 10 - 10+ houses per day you cant have a realistic expectation that something designed for a much lighter workload is going to hold up for years to come.  

So often new comers are given the advice of 'just get a back back you'll be fine'  So no doubt the retailers of these items have a slew of returns on these things with claims of 'only used it 3 time mate'  and the likes.

A backpack is and always will be an add on for tricky jobs, not a main machine to be flogged all day.   

Before you retort with the exact hours and number of jobs your mate did with it i'm honestly not fussed, just pointing out the most obvious scenario and something that most likely happens day in day out. 

I use an old WFP and an old brush with pencil jets for 99% of the cleaning I do. The other 1% where I can't get good purchase with the brush, the joins between the guttering and some corners, I use a nozzle that I got from Benz some years ago.

If you are using a Gardiners backpack, swap the motor for one of these. 

https://www.softwashtechnology.co.uk/collections/pumps/products/everflo-ef1000-demand-pump-12v-up-to-2-8-bar-3-8-lpm

Using anything other than water invalidates your warranty on the back pack. Changing the pump will probably invalidate your warranty also

but you don't want the thing to pack up mid use due to anything other than water running through the pump.

That's if the warranty actually means anything as I have seen the reply from Gardiners when another window cleaner I know from down South complained about the vari speed control packing up after 5 weeks. Ran nothing but water through it, as he doesn't do softwashing, but was told that he had exceeded "fair wear and tear". After 5 weeks?

I've said before and I'll say it again. Gardiners poles and brushes are brilliant. Really thought out and they work. The back packs? Ummmm! 

And I know that the owner of Gardiners reads these pages.

We use gardiners backpacks for softwashing always washit through at the end of the day with clean water I know this will invalidate the warrantee but one job and it’s more than paid for its self we generaly find that they last for 3 years I think that’s very good value for money at around £113 it will earn you thousands of pounds over that time , in between softwashing we always leave a 10-1 mix of virosol in it ready to go for plastic cleans again it will invalidate the warrantee but I don’t care I just buy another one when it goes wrong have been working like this for a number of years , the best back pack we ever had was a sureflow one lasted 8 years but unfortunately cannot seam to get them any more 

Green pros right, but still at 5 weeks i would be a bit peeved also. Theres a few of us on here me & dave in particualar who use backpacks alone, they usually last us 18 months or more (day in day out use). We use them to do 15-30 houses a day, fsg’s, conny roofs, the lot. No problemos. I did get sold a backpack that had a faulty battery, only got an hours life out of it and then it would be completely drained. Window cleaning warehouse exchanged it straight away. You cant expect the earth of them though, they’re £100 a pop and are quite crude in design sometimes. You don’t get the earth for £100 so yeah you’ve gotta be realistic in terms of expectations of the thing. The batteries are only rated to two years in terms of shelf life whether they are being used or not, so if its still going strong at 3 years old then it’s the equivalent of a human passing 100 years of age

Quite possibly Seth.  Afterall backpacks are designed for occasional usage, not to be run all day.  If you doing 10 - 10+ houses per day you cant have a realistic expectation that something designed for a much lighter workload is going to hold up for years to come.  

So often new comers are given the advice of 'just get a back back you'll be fine'  So no doubt the retailers of these items have a slew of returns on these things with claims of 'only used it 3 time mate'  and the likes.

A backpack is and always will be an add on for tricky jobs, not a main machine to be flogged all day.   

Before you retort with the exact hours and number of jobs your mate did with it i'm honestly not fussed, just pointing out the most obvious scenario and something that most likely happens day in day out. 
I stated that a part broke down after 5 weeks and even if it was used day in and day out, 5 weeks is still pretty poor. Where was the expectation of something to work "years to come"? The point was, the e-mail reply about warranty,which was forwarded to me, dismissed the warranty that is claimed on the website. 

I stated that a part broke down after 5 weeks and even if it was used day in and day out, 5 weeks is still pretty poor. Where was the expectation of something to work "years to come"? The point was, the e-mail reply about warranty,which was forwarded to me, dismissed the warranty that is claimed on the website. 

I know what you mean , terrible service , I had one fall out of the back of my van on the motorway (oops! ) and they refused to replace it , was only 3 weeks old , user error they said ! [emoji35]

To be fair I bought another and it’s been abused with virosol and occasionally hypo and never rinsed through , still going strong [emoji106]

You should have contacted trading standards and Alex would have probably fixed it.

Back