Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insuarance

I guess the first question will be, if you cant find what you need.... what DO you need?
I'm with A-plan myself, as they have the option of covering your WFP system in the van (at additional cost, but nothing crazy) and also the option to supply a WFP van in case of a claim where you cant use your own vehicle.
Alexander Swann also do the same offer, but for me they were a little more expensive, might be different in essex though.

A plan gave me a more expensive quote than Aviva so went with them.

I was with direct line for years, then last year they decided to stop insuring vans fitted with tanks for some reason.

Its Friday, pub time ?

Have a good weekend fellow windies ?

I’m with Adrian flux, they were the cheapest for me last time I renewed. I was recommended to them by another tradesman I know 

I guess it all depends on how business is going for them at the time, because so many times someone has told me to ‘try them nex they’re well cheapt’ and they end up being more etc

No point in having cheaper insurance if they won't provide you with a fully kitted out courtesy vehicle, If someone hits your van and it's off the road for over a week and you can work the losses will exceed the £100 or so saving of the cheaper insurance.

County Durham Lad

It also depends who your dealing with at the time. My mrs works in insurance for a broker and she will go out of her way to find someone a cheaper quote where as many will just stick with the first one they get to either save time or make the company more money. It’s wrong I know but that’s just the way it is and why you can do two consecutive quotes with the same broker and get two completely different quotes. I recently challenged my renewal and ended up nearly getting 50% off through the same company. It’s easy to go over board these days as well as you can almost insure anything. If my vans off the road for any length of time I’ll just stick the ladder on my mrs car and just trad everything. The work will still get done without payin for unneeded premiums.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

A plan gave me a more expensive quote than Aviva so went with them.

I was with direct line for years, then last year they decided to stop insuring vans fitted with tanks for some reason.

Its Friday, pub time ?

Have a good weekend fellow windies ?
Exactly the same including the pubtime lol

Back