Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on what to change on my leaflets

PureShine

Hi all, im about to start doing leaflet drops to boost the customer numbers a bit more. Im only going to order a small batch of around 5000 for the first go but before I order them im wondering if any of you can point out anything iv missed or anything that stands out as being poor/needing improvment/removing altogether.

Im happy for any constructive critisism and would rather know what is **** so can make neccesary changes so when I do order them I have the best chance of converting the most customers.

All opinions/ thoughts appreciated

Pure Shine Leaflet Sutton Coldfield.jpg

Looks good. My only thing to point out would be the "call (free) for more info...." as it is a local number, which if someone calls on a land-line that's on a "weekends only" package it WILL cost them money during the week. I know the percentage would be quite small, but best not to promise something that isn't 100% guaranteed, or that same person may think your work quality is along the same lines. "Call for more info......." works just as well IMO. But hey, what do I know, I'm closer to being a customer than a window cleaner at the moment :1f602:
Apart from that, as a consumer I would see it as a very professional business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. My only thing to point out would be the "call (free) for more info...." as it is a local number, which if someone calls on a land-line that's on a "weekends only" package it WILL cost them money during the week. I know the percentage would be quite small, but best not to promise something that isn't 100% guaranteed, or that same person may think your work quality is along the same lines. "Call for more info......." works just as well IMO. But hey, what do I know, I'm closer to being a customer than a window cleaner at the moment :1f602:
Apart from that, as a consumer I would see it as a very professional business.
Very true, It never even crossed my mind before. I take your point fully and will change this now. Thanks a lot, much appreciated [emoji1360]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I like it , id be happy with that myself.

Perhaps the only improvement might be to add you clean the frames everytime (if you do) as i still see clean glass and black and green frames and i just always think why do custies accept that these days !? 

There is a phone number and email address on the leaflet at the moment, although the email address is quite small. I will make this bigger. Will also add about cleaning frames etc, i think will definately convert more with that info.

Do you guys think mobile number works better than a local number? Or has anyone compared how their mobile done against their landline? It would be interesting to see how they compare

The only thing with the landline would be how many interested folks would leave a message. Also is your answer machine personalized to mention the company name? A landline looks more "professional" to the eye, but on a practical point, I'm sure you would rather pick up a call whilst out on your round and could even pop over to quote if you're in the area, rather than getting home and spending time trawling through answer machine messages and calling back. Could always put both I guess? Or some kind of auto-direct from the landline?

The only thing with the landline would be how many interested folks would leave a message. Also is your answer machine personalized to mention the company name? A landline looks more "professional" to the eye, but on a practical point, I'm sure you would rather pick up a call whilst out on your round and could even pop over to quote if you're in the area, rather than getting home and spending time trawling through answer machine messages and calling back. Could always put both I guess? Or some kind of auto-direct from the landline?
Yeah the answer machine is personalised to the company and the landline is a virtual landline that directs straight to my mobile. So although it appears as a landline i still get the calls through to my mobile. I use telecoms world who are pretty good. I think it only costs around £10 a month. I find around 4 out of 10 missed calls results in the customer leaving a voicemail.

I do wonder sometimes if paying for the virtual landline number is worthwhile, id happily call a landline or mobile but i know across a large amount of people there would probably be a higher preference towards one. But i reckon it would be impossibke to get an accurate result as to which one outperforms the other

First time I looked was on my phone this morning, and had a late night last night ? I can see the email address now. You will be amazed how many people don't want to talk to someone they don't know. A lot of people find it far easier for their first contact be via a written message. Also not many people like leaving voicemails. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be amazed how many people don't want to talk to someone they don't know. A lot of people find it far easier for their first contact be via a written message. Also not many people like leaving voicemails.
I've never used a mobile number on advertising but will give it a try. I'll keep the landline number on the leaflet but add the mobile number too. Compare against the results of my previous leaflet drop. Will be interesting to see if this makes a difference to the amount of enquiries

I've never used a mobile number on advertising but will give it a try. I'll keep the landline number on the leaflet but add the mobile number too. Compare against the results of my previous leaflet drop. Will be interesting to see if this makes a difference to the amount of enquiries

Yeh I put a landline & mob on mine, but I hardly ever get calls/messages on landline. Like one every few months. I’d say 60% of enquirers are people ringing my mobile, then 20% each either email or text me. But I don’t get loads of new enquiries, probably 3 or 4 a month on average. 

You can claim for the mobile if you do use it for company business. So you're getting paid to put it on. 

You should use both, landline and mobile.

some people think a landline makes you accountable/reputable, but will ring you directly from their mobile to yours

I would offer mobile, landline and email and bin off the £10 a month service. 

Leaflet looks really good, hope it doesn't do you too well lol

Minty

Nice leaflet.

I like a mobile number as well, some people just like to text.

Some suggestions:

Get rid of the pic on the left and replace with a pic of you and your van (if you both look nice)

Make the words 'window cleaning' bigger, at least half again.

Your line that says..dirty windows, we will clean them for you...(that's what window cleaners do) so it seems a waste of words! How about...'Your local, regular reliable service'?

I don't like uPVC cleaning! All the others are MORE self explanatory. How about uPVC Cladding cleaning?

Could you add...'Pay by cash, cheque or online banking'. Loads of people love the online banking.

Sorry if I've thrown a spanner in the works.

PS Do you clean, the glass, frames, sills and doors every time? Just asking.

You should use both, landline and mobile.
some people think a landline makes you accountable/reputable, but will ring you directly from their mobile to yours
I would offer mobile, landline and email and bin off the £10 a month service. 
Leaflet looks really good, hope it doesn't do you too well lol
Minty
Alright minty, if i were to scrap landline number then i would only be able to do mobile number by itself. I work sutton but recently moved to burntwood so my actual landline is 01543 which wouldnt be too good as sutton is 0121. Im going to add mobile number to the leaflet and keep the £10 one just so its an 0121. Haha cheers mate [emoji106]

Nice leaflet.
I like a mobile number as well, some people just like to text.
Some suggestions:
Get rid of the pic on the left and replace with a pic of you and your van (if you both look nice)
Make the words 'window cleaning' bigger, at least half again.
Your line that says..dirty windows, we will clean them for you...(that's what window cleaners do) so it seems a waste of words! How about...'Your local, regular reliable service'?
I don't like uPVC cleaning! All the others are MORE self explanatory. How about uPVC Cladding cleaning?
Could you add...'Pay by cash, cheque or online banking'. Loads of people love the online banking.
Sorry if I've thrown a spanner in the works.
PS Do you clean, the glass, frames, sills and doors every time? Just asking.
No the spanner is a good one mate. This is what i wanted, rather than whats good about the leaflet i like to know what can be improved, wether its a big or small improvement. Every improvement may increase my conversion rate and thats what im after. I appreciate the things youve pointed out as theyre spot on. Im going to use these changes you have suggested. I do clean the frames, sills etc and will add this too. Thanks a lot [emoji1360]

Thanks everybody that gave me suggestions on what could be improved. I made the changes and here is the final draft. Off to order around 5000 of these for the first drop.

NEW A5 PURE SHINE BEST.jpg

Personally I would remove "All Sutton Coldfield areas covered" if don't or won't cover certain areas. I don't cover old council estates or certain areas in the town I work as they can be nightmare for parking and very few people wanting to pay the going rate for a window cleaner. 

Latest Posts

Back