Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning database

Keith Box

Hello everybody.. I’ve been window cleaning since 2008 and use the pen and paper method.. I did try WCP a few years back, but found them to be unhelpful and the software kept asking for a code, which meant I couldn’t access my database.. my round is getting bigger and pen & paper method is getting too much, does anybody use a window cleaning package that creates jonsheet, reminds them who owes etc without any problems?

I’m still old school with pen and paper, well not paper but neatly written and organised books. It’s a bit of a pain writing new ones out when they are full and they become a little messy towards the end when constantly adding new custys so always make sure you leave enough space. I’m not vat reg and do my accounting on a cash basis so there’s no need for itemised accounting of each individual customer. That’s one of the benefits of using software if you do need itemised info for your accounts I suppose.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

cleanerplanner.com beats all others hands down, I have being using it over 3 years now and with the gocardless.com integration it has saved me a lot of time and money.

County Durham Lad

The simplest and cheapest imo is george, if you like working with paper youll love it.

Cleaner planner is a bit too fiddly and too pricy imo, squeegee is too slow and buggy and doesnt have an easy way to re organise work, it also doesnt have any accounting element to...although i think it will great in the future, aworka is probably the best value at a £10 p month

I just use microsoft excell and update my sheets every 8 months when i run out of room.  Subscription of £0 per month which suits me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use excel, but thought about the advanced systems, the price would come of tax bill n u are giving someone else business for their service thats useful n makes your life easier, all good.

One of the repeating comments here is price.  Seems cheapest often most favourable (though I don't get why) 

For me it's Cleaner Planner.  Not the simplest (most intuitive) but for sure the most comprehensive. Has apps for phones and tablets and can be run through web browser also.  Full integration of GoCardless Text Local and Stripe. 

They have started doing some YouTube vids on how to do it but not the simplest to follow.  I will do a couple of vids when back from hols covering key points and try to keep it simple. 

Horses for courses but Cleaner Planer trumps all IMO. 

Cleaner planner for me, absolutely brilliant and changed how I ran my business

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I made my own app for my iPhone and shared it on the Apple App Store since august 2016. There are nearly 200 users in Europe at the moment. It is simple and straightforward with added features that users have requested over the years. Doing Windows is the name of the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back