Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Swivel Neck

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

Hi been using it all week this week absolutely love it but my right wrist is absolutely killing think its all the turning of the pole I'm now doing to get different angles, anybody else had this, don't want to go back to standard neck ?

It gets better, I had the same experience when I got my swivel a few months back.

Rotating the pole to change the angle seems to be easier on my wrists.

All in all the swivel makes for a faster more comfortable clean once you get used to it.

Totally Agree its a game changer, love it, but just didn't want to pick up injuries from using it, ive had a hectic week so ive been hammering it. Will carry on using it Monday, hopefully its just muscles in the wrist that not have been previously excercised. No jokes please ?

I started using one about 3 years ago, so much better cleaning certain windows at angles.

i like mine fairly tight though so nip the flat head screw in the joint up abit!

I should add I only have a swivel on my slx18. My extreme 47 there is none, as I believe it's not recommended for some reason?

So I switch between the poles with and without swivel regularly. I believe that would lessen the strain as well.

I should add I only have a swivel on my slx18. My extreme 47 there is none, as I believe it's not recommended for some reason?

I beleive the reason to be that most of us probably wouldn't use a 47 for doing ground floor work and at height a swivel is hardly needed if you've got a brush with good splay and it could also be quite difficult to operate at that height.

I wouldn't be without mine for regular residential work though. If you take it off its like having your wrist fused

Been swivelling for about 13 years. Had to make my own from broom handle connectors in the early days- after the MKI Gaz swivels dried up. I believe a swivel head to be the most beneficial tool for a user in terms of ease, efficiency, speed etc. I also don't use one above 35/40 feet as at this height I am not cleaning at any angles other than straight up!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Been swivelling for about 13 years. Had to make my own from broom handle connectors in the early days- after the MKI Gaz swivels dried up. I believe a swivel head to be the most beneficial tool for a user in terms of ease, efficiency, speed etc. I also don't use one above 35/40 feet as at this height I am not cleaning at any angles other than straight up!!

Just a deviation. I'm sure it was also you who asked Alex to add a Quickloq angled brush socket.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brushes/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/quick-loqr-30-angled-brush-socket.html

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Spruce. A swivel (or, IMO, any head assembly) works much better when connected via an angle rather than 90 degrees. It all just works much more natural this way.

Back