Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water just coming out of the bottom of the pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jim4242

Heya guys.

I'm using a water fed pole, (Unfortunately I cannot provide the name as it was handed down from a friend but works great)

Never really looked into the inner workings of it however it seems the hose just simply goes up the pole.

However when turning it on this morning the water will just come out of the bottom of the pole after a few seconds and not out the brush system at the top?

Any ideas what's going on here and how to fix this?

Cheers guys!

Heya guys.

I'm using a water fed pole, (Unfortunately I cannot provide the name as it was handed down from a friend but works great)

Never really looked into the inner workings of it however it seems the hose just simply goes up the pole.

However when turning it on this morning the water will just come out of the bottom of the pole after a few seconds and not out the brush system at the top?

Cheers guys!
I can only comment from my own pole which was from Gardiners. The hose literally goes up through the pole. its either 6mm or 8mm at the bottom, I forget, however towards the top of the pole it connects to a small piece of orange pipe that then goes into the brush head. The connection between the hose and orange pipe sometimes comes loose if I get a kink at the bottom. Disconnect the pipe from the brush head and it will slide down through the pole. Put it all back together and then feed it back through. Check the connections on the brush head while you're at it incase they are loose and you should be good to go!

You just converted your wfp system into a shoe cleaning machine. It's a feature, not a bug. 

Jokes aside, do what @P4dstar says, take it apart and fix it. Something has come loose, probably no big deal.

Heya guys.

Cheers guys!
Also, if you have a chance at the weekend, take the thing apart slowly teach yourself how it works. If it’s a Gardiner it’s dead simple, most of the stuff is just plug and play with 0 screws!

Also, if you have a chance at the weekend, take the thing apart slowly teach yourself how it works. If it’s a Gardiner it’s dead simple, most of the stuff is just plug and play with 0 screws!
Not a bad shout but I would recommend ordering some lubricant and some replacement tape from Gardiners before taking it to pieces. Good idea to do some pole maintenance, I wouldn't take mine to pieces without the PTFE spray handy! I think Darren from @Green Pro Clean Ltd did a video about pole maintenance, worth a watch!

Back