Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Patio and Driveway Clean Advise

Darren Taylor

Hi All

I,ve been asked to clean a customers sandstone patio and tarmac driveway, the patio is about 45m2 and the driveway about 30m2.

The patio is well stained with black lichen moss and weeds, the driveway is a bit weedy and a fair bit of moss too.

My plan was to first weed kill with weed killer and then scrape moss of patio and drive, pressure clean patio and pressure clean the drive after!

Then soft wash patio and driveway with 15% hypo and surfactant  which i have allready purchased (20l hyop) 5l surfactant

Not sure if it would be benafical to do a biocide wash after the hypo wash to help prevent futher growth?

If bio wash was not required could i just leave the hypo down and not rinse off or does it allways need to be rinsed off no matter what!

What would the hypo ratio be to each litre of water and the surfactant as well to each litre of water as not really sure, would this be the same strength for both surfaces?

Also if the customer wanted the biocide wash to finish what would the ratio be to each litre of water as well.

I,m a bit stuck on what to quote per M2 for the patio and drivway and the bio wash per M2 if asked to do this as well.

Any advice and pricing guide on this would much appreciated thanks

Daz

For just PW then its £3 sq metre so looking at £250. Softwashing and bio a week before or after is £1 sq metre extra at least. As for rinsing, when you wash your hands do you thoroughly rinse? If so, then rinsing is a must, with copious amounts of fresh clean water.

I would be looking at 2 days work and I am £300 a day, so £600.

Ps, I would bio 5 days before on the moss, handy tip.

Latest Posts

Back