Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiring for trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Ok, I’m looking for a diagram or someone who can talk me through wiring my trolley up, I have the battery,the on/off switch, the fuse, the pump, the speed controller, the voltage meter & a charging socket, can any of you guys help on this please?

I have this one I have used and worked fine.  Can't take any credit for it I got it from this site.  The remote switch is a great addition and is very handy.

Trolly Wire Diagram.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Although, I’ve now wired it up successfully I still have the fuse to wire in, it has 2 terminals on it, am I right in thinking this should be wired in just after the on/off switch, live & negative, any ideas?

Although, I’ve now wired it up successfully I still have the fuse to wire in, it has 2 terminals on it, am I right in thinking this should be wired in just after the on/off switch, live & negative, any ideas?
There is a fuse in the schematic, did you read it carefully?

The fuse should of course be installed inline in series, not in parallel.

I don't want to be rude, but if I understand you correct, and you think the fuse should be wired across the live and negative in a parallel fashion, you need to do some reading on the basics of fuses and electronics. I know this sounds a bit on the harsh side, but depending on the size of your battery you are wiring up something that's potentially lethal, and a fire threat.

Do it right and to code (correct gauge, proper termination of wires), for your own safety, please.

I know this is a little late but this is how I wired mine up as I was using a plain PWM controller with no CAL feature. The relay is a 40amp automotive relay, and designed to take the load off the small microswitch in the pump which often burns out with the constant switching we subject them to.

PS-RELAY_WIRING.jpg

I know this is a little late but this is how I wired mine up as I was using a plain PWM controller with no CAL feature. The relay is a 40amp automotive relay, and designed to take the load off the small microswitch in the pump which often burns out with the constant switching we subject them to.

Brilliant decision to use a relay, @Marko067.

Back