Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterfed Pole Hose! Nightmare!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Edward Baskerville

Hi guys, must tried at least 3 types of pole hose and none seem to stay like I want it too, always kinks! I need something that’s going to be nice and like a noodle basically. Can anyone recommend any decent pole hose that doesn’t kink?

exceed blue is my favuret so far im now using rhino but i dont think ill get it again going tubless sounds like the way forwould 

Gardiner green pu and exceed blue both as good as each other, but I’m tubless ?

In my experience, it kinks because we feed a twist into it as we work. If you figure out how to stop it twisting you will solve your kinking problem. 

In my experience, it kinks because we feed a twist into it as we work. If you figure out how to stop it twisting you will solve your kinking problem. 
We coil our hose up when we put the poles back into the van. It means we have to spin the coil out at the next clean. And as @Marko067says, we also inadvertantly recoil our hose when we are cleaning.

If you use a Univalve @Edward Baskervillethen the very stiff, non stretch nature of the hose we have to use doesn't help with coiling. We occassional get a 'birds nest' of hose at the bottom of the pole which we have to sort out either by disconnecting the hose or turning the pole a few times, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a nightmare.

In the overall scheme of window cleaning its down the bottom of the list of issues. A nightmare for me would still be using ladders to clean windows traditionally. A nightmare would be falling off those ladders again.

My son uses a pf nano with approx 40m of gardiner pu hose hedisconnects and don't never have a problem when reeling in.

however I use approx 20m pu green attached to my100m 6mm hose reel and don't normaly disconnect that often as I just slot my pole back into its holder connected unless I'm changing my pole I.e. Bigger or smaller. But after a day or two the hose can get a little coiled if I don't disconnect. 

Mine got quite bad, but a couple of days ago I emptied the water out of the little hose, then laid the pole flat stretched out the pole hose and kept turning it. I didn’t realise how many times I had twisted it while working.

I do have exceed blue, it can kink, but as previously said, as we work can twist it causing kinks. Every now n then all u have to do is hold pole n basically turn it swveral times n the kibks fall out, if u twist it in right direction whether anti/clockwise.

I have gardiners green pu on my backpack teel,its pretty kinky,but i use it on a small reel,which is advised not to. It does try trip me up. 

Back