Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tulsion resin shortage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cghwindowcleaning

So again I have tried to order some Tulsion mb 115 resin and no one has any in stock.This is becoming a regular problem and besides stocking up which other brands and stockist are people using?

Any idea what's causing the shortage?
The beads in the resin there is a product that has been banned world wide so the manufacturer of the beads had to reformulate it.

There are only a few major companies that manufacture it and now China is in line smaller companies were closed by the Government.

This has created a shortage as demand is greater than capacity. Also these beads are used in other applications other than resin and that is increasing in demand.

Price if the beads have increased and will increase again so expect higher priced resin.

The beads in the resin there is a product that has been banned world wide so the manufacturer of the beads had to reformulate it.

There are only a few major companies that manufacture it and now China is in line smaller companies were closed by the Government.

This has created a shortage as demand is greater than capacity. Also these beads are used in other applications other than resin and that is increasing in demand.

Price if the beads have increased and will increase again so expect higher priced resin.
Ohh man. Any idea on the increase of price yet?

Also, has the resin already been reformulated and if so has it effected the quality of the resin? My latest batch of MB115 doesn't seem to be lasting as long (though so many variables it means it may not be the resin).

Ohh man. Any idea on the increase of price yet?

Also, has the resin already been reformulated and if so has it effected the quality of the resin? My latest batch of MB115 doesn't seem to be lasting as long (though so many variables it means it may not be the resin).
Nothing on the price yet.

The format will not have any effect on the resin. Hopefully we should see higher quality as Tulsion is now manufactured in a brand new plant with new machinery and there is huge investment.

The shortage will probably carry on until next year.

Thanks for the reply Doug.What is the puralite resin like that you stock?as commented above my last bag of Tulsion didn't seem to last as long.
It’s hit and miss with some customers. Some found it okay and some found it performed less than Tulsion.

This is also out of stock but will be back next week some time.

Hmm think think this might happen more & more until a long term solution is found. Hope it doesn’t cause anyone too much stress. Often panic buying makes these things worse

It is probably the same beads that they put into bodywash and was killing the fish in the sea. A worldwide ban on these beads now, so maybe biodegradable beads are getting made. It will mean a price rise as I cant see it getting cheaper.

Nothing on the price yet.

The format will not have any effect on the resin. Hopefully we should see higher quality as Tulsion is now manufactured in a brand new plant with new machinery and there is huge investment.

The shortage will probably carry on until next year.
Thanks for the info. I’ll just need to change my buying habits from, what I think they call ‘Just in time’ (E.G. being too stingy to buy until it’s  absolutely  necessary) to stocking up instead. 

I bought some Unger Yesterday from a supplier 2 miles from me they said they'd phoned Unger and they had heard nothing about a shortage and they had Palletts of the stuff.

Back