Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

LinkedIn what's the point?

I am involved in the Scrap Metal business, not as much as I was, and have been on LinkedIn for years. I have never picked up a good contact in that industry ever. Initially I had invitations virtually daily from supposed main buyers from India, Pakistan etc. 

Never done anything with any of them, majority are chancers who want to look important by getting as many connections as they can. Don't see why window cleaning would be any different. Since its been taken over its more like Facebook than a "business" tool. 

Grandmothers and the odd aunt and single mothers post cat pictures and minion memes on Facebook.

Young whippersnappers post pictures of their latest meal and do photoshopped advertising masked as holiday pictures  on Instagram because they just have to share their important message with the world.

Linkedin is just like that, a playground for certain people to show off. Granted in the tech industry it works as a fast résumé and can have it's uses when you just got sacked from another up and coming it company.

For our business? No use in my opinion. Unless you are interested in potentially taking on an administrative window cleaning job down the road.

I’ve got it, it seems like the majority are on there showing off who has cleaned windows on the biggest cherry picker... maybe it works for certain industries but I don’t think its great. unless you’re a huge national company looking for big contracts.. I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong, maybe it’s because I’m someone who does predominantly domestic or maybe I aren’t using it right.

Dane

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Linkedin was built by recruiters for recruiters to source talent for generally senior white collar job roles. I think the best way we can use it is if you can be bothered to do it, use it to locate site managers/maintenance managers/health and safety managers of specific companies and maybe if you lucky get them to look at an email you send them with a flyer or something that details what services you can offer them.. 

Back