Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro TDS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Less than 7ppm is acceptable, between 7 and 11 not very good any higher than 12 you need to see why you're not getting it down enough. That is if you want it working perfectly, some might think that polishing it off from around 20 won't cost you that much.
Thanks for that great help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appThink I need new membrane I had me system from xline systems who told me there membranes last 3-5 years [emoji54]. Everyone els saying around 18months at most. I flush system everyday and only use 650lts a day. Can anyone tell me best place for 40/40 membrane plz thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for that great help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Think I need new membrane I had me system from xline systems who told me there membranes last 3-5 years
emoji54.png
. Everyone els saying around 18months at most. I flush system everyday and only use 650lts a day. Can anyone tell me best place for 40/40 membrane plz thanks

The most important considerations when buying a 4040 is your water pressure, water volume and regular carbon block filter changes.

So my preference is for an Axeon membrane. I have an HF5 in my r/o which will be six years old in September and still delivering a rejection rate of 98%.

An HF5 membrane will work from 50psi - 100psi where an HF4 performs best at 80psi - 105psi.

We use Fiberdyne carbon block prefilters. A 20" c/b filter will remove/reduce chlorine from 75700 liters of water and a 10" will remove/reduce chlorine from about half that amount. Chlorine in the water destroys membranes. There are some cheap carbon block filters on the market but only have a service life of 10000 liters. (This is pure and waste combined).

Our tap water is about 120ppm atm. Our system runs fine at a 50/50 pure to waste ratio. So a 20" Fiberdyne filter will make us about 38,000 liters of pure water.

The best place for a replacement membrane. There are so many suppliers using Axeon membranes as 'click bait' and send something else in its place with your order. I would advise either Grippatank or Daqua. You will be guaranteed that they are the genuine article.

The most important considerations when buying a 4040 is your water pressure, water volume and regular carbon block filter changes.

So my preference is for an Axeon membrane. I have an HF5 in my r/o which will be six years old in September and still delivering a rejection rate of 98%.
An HF5 membrane will work from 50psi - 100psi where an HF4 performs best at 80psi - 105psi.

We use Fiberdyne carbon block prefilters. A 20" c/b filter will remove/reduce chlorine from 75700 liters of water and a 10" will remove/reduce chlorine from about half that amount. Chlorine in the water destroys membranes. There are some cheap carbon block filters on the market but only have a service life of 10000 liters. (This is pure and waste combined).

Our tap water is about 120ppm atm. Our system runs fine at a 50/50 pure to waste ratio. So a 20" Fiberdyne filter will make us about 38,000 liters of pure water.

The best place for a replacement membrane. There are so many suppliers using Axeon membranes as 'click bait' and send something else in its place with your order. I would advise either Grippatank or Daqua. You will be guaranteed that they are the genuine article.

Thanks for this. I have a boost pump that is 80psi my water TDS is 170ppm so would I need the hf4?. How often do u flush your system ? I’m making around 650 ltrs a day thanks

Thanks for this. I have a boost pump that is 80psi my water TDS is 170ppm so would I need the hf4?. How often do u flush your system ? I’m making around 650 ltrs a day thanks

I change prefilters on the 28th of May. I flushed the membrane this morning for about 2 minutes. So last time I flushed was about 5 weeks ago. I don't flush very often so I'm not the best example to follow. We use about 400 to 500 liters a day.

June from GAPS water once said that window cleaners get hung up on flushing when its not that important. However, if I had hard water then I would take flushing a little more seriously.

I believe that you could use either membrane with your booster pump.

Thanks for advice my mate only flushed his every now and again but I was told to do this every time for 10mins

Thanks for advice my mate only flushed his every now and again but I was told to do this every time for 10mins

I believe it comes down to how long you have left the system. I am finding quality issues during the day at the moment where my PPM goes as high as 450 so I just purify at night. I get a better PSI and the TDS is around 220 after about 9pm. Because its been left alone all day I give it a flush, just set it to flush, have a cigarette and go back to it. I think the difference with @spruce is his system is constantly going... Thats an assumption based on previous conversations though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it comes down to how long you have left the system. I am finding quality issues during the day at the moment where my PPM goes as high as 450 so I just purify at night. I get a better PSI and the TDS is around 220 after about 9pm. Because its been left alone all day I give it a flush, just set it to flush, have a cigarette and go back to it. I think the difference with @spruce is his system is constantly going... Thats an assumption based on previous conversations though.

The previous 450gpd we had run pretty much most of the time.

This 4040 is totally different. The other evening I filled my empty 650 liter van tank and the water was replenished back into the IBC tank before I closed up for the night. That tank lasted me 2 working days so the r/o probably runs about 4 hours a working week day on average.

The previous 450gpd we had run pretty much most of the time.

This 4040 is totally different. The other evening I filled my empty 650 liter van tank and the water was replenished back into the IBC tank before I closed up for the night. That tank lasted me 2 working days so the r/o probably runs about 4 hours a working week day on average.
In which case Spruce you’re a naughty boy and need to flush your RO more [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Back