Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controler / pump issue

Dave85

Hi 

Needing some urgent advice. Currently using a varistream controler shurflo pump that runs from a leisure battery. Allthough the battery is fully charged my water flow slows down then stops and controler is showing U ( underpowered .i then hooked up my spare battery (also fully charged )and have the same outcome. I have checked all wiring and connections ect and all seems ok so thought it may the pump so borrowed a pump off a mate and still having the same problem.

Any ideas as im loosing the will to live .

Thanks 

Dave85 said:
Hi 

Needing some urgent advice. Currently using a varistream controler shurflo pump that runs from a leisure battery. Allthough the battery is fully charged my water flow slows down then stops and controler is showing U ( underpowered .i then hooked up my spare battery (also fully charged )and have the same outcome. I have checked all wiring and connections ect and all seems ok so thought it may the pump so borrowed a pump off a mate and still having the same problem.

Any ideas as im loosing the will to live .

Thanks 

1530710292620-1564761133.jpg

Looking at the picture I presume the wires that go from the controller to pump are behind the yellow panel. It will be one of the connections that is faulty.

What you are probably experiencing form example the Controller is trying to draw 6 amps but cannot get 3 amps. Even with 2/3 strands of wire will not be enough, needs to be all the strands.

Looking at the photo you have a few bare connections showing which is a big "NO" as can cause a short circuit. 

With the pump on the floor the weight could have caused the wires to come loose.

Some small screws and you could have it mounted on the panel in less than a minute.

County Durham Lad

With the pump on the floor the weight could have caused the wires to come loose.

Some small screws and you could have it mounted on the panel in less than a minute.

County Durham Lad

All sorted now hopefully i have been and purchased a larger leisure battery and it seems to be ok .allthough my old battery was charged it must have had an issue holding its charge maybe and my pump ect is all mounted to the yellow frame in the picture just had everything in bits trying to find the problem.

Back