Iron Giant

Ro production nightmare

Dave B

I just use a tap and then use 2 jugs to measure how much water the waste and pure produce over a minute

You ideally want the ratio 60/40 waste/pure

The restrictors are quite wastefull using about 2l waste to 1l pure which I find too wastefull

I have got a 450gpd restrictor on at the moment as i need some new taps but will set it up again like that soon

Iron Giant
2 hours ago, Den said:

I recently had problems with my RO after buying some membranes that didn’t perform to great also I renewed my flow restrictor as I thought that could have been at fault n my case it wasn’t the flow restrictor but was the membranes this is the flow restrictor for my 450gpd in pic below if that helps.

8F8223E1-051C-4245-A169-0846899C3E97.jpeg

Could be what is rated at a 450cc which is some I came across on amazon

Iron Giant
2 hours ago, Dave B said:

I just use a tap and then use 2 jugs to measure how much water the waste and pure produce over a minute

You ideally want the ratio 60/40 waste/pure

The restrictors are quite wastefull using about 2l waste to 1l pure which I find too wastefull

I have got a 450gpd restrictor on at the moment as i need some new taps but will set it up again like that soon

Thanks @Dave B & @spruce I will try this method, But put in some new pre-filters after work today and pure output is 1l every 1min 20 seconds but when I put the booster pump on pure output almost doubles, Its still a bit noisy like last week with air getting in some where maybe but my I think because of the JG tubing its pushing the JG stem insert up a little on the outlet of the pump so I have ordered some elbows to try and elevate this and just see what happens I have tweaked and changed most things now 😅

CleanerWindows

Pure Freedom have the recommended booster pump that would work with your r/o.
https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/24v-aquatec-reverse-osmosis-booster-pump/
https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/transformer-for-our-24v-aquatec-reverse-osmosis-booster-pump/

It 'plugs' into the line between the prefilters and your first membrane. It uses John Guest push in connectors which I presume are 1/4" matching the standard r/o tubing that the r/o uses.
I would order a length of tubing just to make sure that you have enough to place your booster pump where its most convenient for you.
@spruce also recommended that booster to me as I was going to invest in a higher priced larger capacity clarke booster. Glad I took his advice as the clarke would of probably damaged my RO.
And the pure freedom booster?
Amazing. Pressure went from 38 psi to 90 so I've tweaked my flush valve to get it down to 85 and drops tds post RO from 24 to 12/14. Old booster from new only boosted psi from 38 to 55 on a good day. Sourced old booster from xline.
James on a sales pitch day I guess "That's definitely the right booster for a 450gpd system" he said.
World's apart they are.

I've not fully read rest of thread in case this has been done to the death.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iron Giant
6 hours ago, CleanerWindows said:

I've not fully read rest of thread in case this has been done to the death.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It certainly has ,🤣 almost every ro issue has being covered in this thread over the last 2 weeks