Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sack truck recommendation...

Bart90

I bought a lightweight sack truck from ebay for £30 with the fixed wheels.  Completely knackered it in 7 months!  Wheel all over the place and falling off which is quite funny!

Anyway, i need one that will fit in a car seat so not too tall, preferably with better pneumatic wheels....any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

I tryed these small foldable ones and broke them all in a few weeks at best ,most the wheels were held on with flimsy plastic brackets that broke easily , so I bought a metal sack truck from Homebase for £20 it’s a real heavy duty one but it’s not foldable so not suited to going in a car unfortunately 

No one has answered? 

Shame because I am after the same thing.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/multi-function-hand-truck-50kg/8635p

Probably go for this one 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/standard-duty-hand-truck-150kg/6374p

Its cheaper, can carry more weight and has pneumatic wheels. Shame it's not collapsible 
I've found this one that looks ace.  Just got to check back pack will fit in the platform ok.

https://www.sacktrucksdirect.co.uk/telescopic-folding-sack-truck-50kg-capacity/

Picked up this one from screwfix earlier.

£24.99 with 150kg capacity.

Backpack fits just fine. Can even hold a 25 litre container with the backpack. 

Pictures for illustration only. Hence not secured to trolley.

20180707_141634.jpg

20180707_141709.jpg

I've found this one that looks ace.  Just got to check back pack will fit in the platform ok.

I bought this because it was collapsible n light, first use it bent the handles, i use a gardiner backpack n had a small reel on it,less than 50kg n it bent, so do not buy. When i bought it from them it was being sold as a 100kg capacity. I complained n they reimbursed me, they had changed it to 50kg, when i went on to check it out the spec,thankfully the details were on my invoice.

I was going to go for that one n should have, but was trying to get lighter trolley as possible to make life easier.

I ended up buying another fishing trolley, but had to spend £30 of screws n brackets to hold it together better. Trolley was about £40-45, but its light as a big feather.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this because it was collapsible n light, first use it bent the handles, i use a gardiner backpack n had a small reel on it,less than 50kg n it bent, so do not buy. When i bought it from them it was being sold as a 100kg capacity. I complained n they reimbursed me, they had changed it to 50kg, when i went on to check it out the spec,thankfully the details were on my invoice.
Thanks for the heads up...I will now avoid!

Cheers Dave, that one looks just right for the job.

a bit heavy but solid

Mate used one for about 2 years with backpack on it before I nicked it off him to make a diy trolley with

Only reason I got rid of it was going van mounted

Dave, thanks for recommending this.  Fits perfectly in the car and has made wheeling the backpack in and out the house a breeze!  Well impressed with it. 

I can also confirm this sack truck is rubbish, very lightweight aluminium (a plus!!) but it’s footplate bent under any kind of exertion. The wheels on mine have perished already and the telescopic handle very rarely works. Quite disappointing for saying it’s actually a branded truck (lyte I think)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Picked up this one from screwfix earlier.

£24.99 with 150kg capacity.

View attachment 14252

@Craigmac How's that backpack-on-top-of-barrel working out for you?

Only reason I ask is that i did mull over doing that but it looked a bit unstable and like the barrel might give way. To work around that i ended up with the back pack turned sideways and the barrel next to it on the footplate. Seems okay like that but a bit wide by a couple of inches.

Thanks..

@Craigmac How's that backpack-on-top-of-barrel working out for you?

Only reason I ask is that i did mull over doing that but it looked a bit unstable and like the barrel might give way. To work around that i ended up with the back pack turned sideways and the barrel next to it on the footplate. Seems okay like that but a bit wide by a couple of inches.
To be honest I don't use it in that set up, just wanted to show what the truck I had could hold.

It would be stable enough with the right bungees. 

Tend to just keep 10 of the 25litre containers in the van and fill the pack up when necessary. 

I do use the trolley for the backpack though.

Back