Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Introducing. The Windymobile Mk. 2

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowgleamtrowbridge

Some of you may have seen in December/January this old beast I dubbed, ‘The Windymobile’

b8b105fb594087b8be619b27f7acd6e1.jpg

Well she’s just finished her upgrade to full WFP!

bd81d8179a258b6be39715ff3a46a731.jpg

Yes I’m a bit limited by the amount of water, this lot will sustain me for a couple of houses at best. But I’m hoping the speed I can cycle and do the cycles will increase to make it even more cost effective. Also a nice little route change to stop via the house as I go past should help!

I’m not going to lie. I’m not sure how fans work. I’d be concerned I wouldn’t be rinsing enough with them...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
You basically get more pressure with less flow rate. Also the spray shaped into a fan to cover a larger area of the glass. I use the red ones as a good compromise as still have a good enough flow rate.

my view on fans is u cant rince proply with them there not accurate enough there fine on new builds with nice new windows but as soon as u hit the old glass with dated windows your in trouble 

Fan jets are a nuisance in this weather imo. Loads of windows open so they spray all over the place.

By the way, be careful about pushing windows completely shut with your pole in this heat.

Im friends with a guy I sell work too, and he did this.

He got a call that night from the customer shouting at him that she keeps her dogs in that room during the day while she’s at work and they were ill through overheating!!

Fan jets are a nuisance in this weather imo. Loads of windows open so they spray all over the place.

By the way, be careful about pushing windows completely shut with your pole in this heat.

Im friends with a guy I sell work too, and he did this.

He got a call that night from the customer shouting at him that she keeps her dogs in that room during the day while she’s at work and they were ill through overheating!!
If he has told her that he is coming and she hasn't warned him then it's her fault. Can you imagine what she would've said if he didn't clean it. My reply, very sorry pet but from now I won't clean any open windows. 

Brilliant.

Can you not make a lighter trailer and carry more water? Or take a DI and fill up at custards house?

Ive a couple of 125 litre tanks you can have for nowt if you need?

Last edited:
I’m working on Mk. 3 at the moment. Converting the box into a 85L tank and attaching the pump and pole to the top. The trailer only takes about 100kg. I’d love to find a trailer that would take a bit more.

Sorry pal but you're spending far to much time and money on something you will outgrow. Learn to drive and leave this project in the bin

Great thing is, it ain’t costing me as much as driving, maybe another £50. But that’s for things like hose etc, which I will need in the van either way. The only bits that I need that are extra is some wood, which I have and maybe some signage. Realistically it’s going to be used for another 9-12 months (we’ll see). Yes I’d love to learn, but not possible right now.

It does the job for someone who does it part time one day a week (for now). One day no doubt I will be able to ditch it and save my tired legs. But until that day, The Windymobile is my ride!

Back