Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glass fence, what a pain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hi all

I do this house for a nice couple, fair price etc. Problem is this 13 panel glass fence the previous owners had installed in their garden. Id never come across one before and didnt really take note of it, but anyway, Ive realised now what a pain it is as its so much glass, and obviously both sides have to be done. Anyone else had dealings with these? just wonder , do you go over it first with tap water? or maybe with a soft broom or something? Thing I hate most about it is the amount of pure it takes. How much would you charge? the house is a 4 bed detached, no conny and 20 quid is fair, but not sure on how much for the fence. Wish id checked it out proper when first had the job, but I get on well with them and need to toughen up when giving prices. Last time I only charged 5 extra for fence and realised was ridiculous. uploaded pic from a site but these are the panels. dont know why this writings gone down here either lol. image.jpeg

I've never done one but like you have found myself under pricing little extra's and regretting it.  13 panels, assuming both sides that's 26 panes.  Based on the minimum of £1 per window/pane that would mean £26 but then there's no frames so maybe £20?.  It's whether they would want to pay £40 per clean including the windows.  It's quite a jump.  You could always suggest it as a one off job and go in at £35ish (£55 inc windows) and do it every 6 months or when they ask?  Hope that helps a bit, like I say I've never done one but that's how I'd approach it.  I hate it when you have a decent priced job and some little extra pops up and threatens to ruin it lol!

I've never done one but like you have found myself under pricing little extra's and regretting it.  13 panels, assuming both sides that's 26 panes.  Based on the minimum of £1 per window/pane that would mean £26 but then there's no frames so maybe £20?.  It's whether they would want to pay £40 per clean including the windows.  It's quite a jump.  You could always suggest it as a one off job and go in at £35ish (£55 inc windows) and do it every 6 months or when they ask?  Hope that helps a bit, like I say I've never done one but that's how I'd approach it.  I hate it when you have a decent priced job and some little extra pops up and threatens to ruin it lol!
I’ve done a couple similar but they were in front of a window. I took the pole to pieces and did it with the brush to get down the back. It’s a nightmare because when you’re rinsing one side it’s neigh on impossible to stop it dripping over and round. I would suggest you read them and wipe the tops and sides with a micro or some scrim.

Talking £1 a pane on something like that is a bit silly, I mean we don’t get away with charging £1 a pane on a conservatory... maybe encourage the customer to have it done every few cleans?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mate if they are ground level then just trad them, wont be any quicker and probably not much longer either but will save you a load of water. As you are cleaning both sides they need to be spotless or it'll show, so on the first one just wet them up with your mop and then rub them down with a white top scourer to get all the **** off, then blade as normal. Maybe £1.50 per panel both sides is a fair price?

Just done them, was'nt too bad but I did go like the clappers. First I just broomed dust and cobwebs off quickly and then quick job with wfp. Just the odd bit of **** to get off with cloth after. Only charged extra £7 as took about 10 mins. Dont normally do saturdays but was local, job done.

Now can think about getting ready for watching this footy. Too hot for the premium beers so think gonna be an ice cold carling job,

was thinking of betting england 2-0, harry kane score first. Just a couple quid.

⚽? :1f609:

Just done them, was'nt too bad but I did go like the clappers. First I just broomed dust and cobwebs off quickly and then quick job with wfp. Just the odd bit of **** to get off with cloth after. Only charged extra £7 as took about 10 mins. Dont normally do saturdays but was local, job done.

Now can think about getting ready for watching this footy. Too hot for the premium beers so think gonna be an ice cold carling job,

was thinking of betting england 2-0, harry kane score first. Just a couple quid.

⚽? :1f609:
2-1 England my prediction!

My mate has a decked veranda with 12 panels I charge £12.00 for them, I've no idea what issue is just wfp them they are so easy to clean " it's glass" ?

County Durham Lad

We do loads of balustrade hate it with a passion but once you are happy how to clean it it’s quite quick , this is a small section on one apartment block that we do and we do a dozen blocks that are similar 

E17BBA54-6BAC-4C0E-8354-0B9918CEC9F3.jpeg

1DD3F1F8-84E9-4E89-AE0C-8F78C457A9F6.jpeg

Back