Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole water drying to quick

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To my thinking it shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference what speed the water dries, if its clean then there is nothing to spot.

I will sometimes leave a top frame out if its clean and has been baking in the sun all day as some of the upvc is porous and may cause issues.

If its downstairs I will just wipe as I'm 6 2" and always carry a cloth.

For me its about getting the best results within the least time, if it means leaving out a top frame here and there to reduce spotting then thats what I'll do. I think its the lesser of two evils.

We use hot water all year round it’s very hot at the moment evan on the lowest setting but no issues with spotting just rinse well shouldn’t make any difference to normal 

I always rinse methodically left to right from top to bottom and haven't had any issues at all I rinse across the top of glass twice before moving the brush downwards , if you are doing the mark of zorro Z then potentially you may have issues spotting is down to dirt and not rinsing thoroughly, admittedly i am a bit o.c.d 

To my thinking it shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference what speed the water dries, if its clean then there is nothing to spot.
This is bang on. As long as you have rinsed all the crud off properly and your water is 000 ppm drying time is of no relevance. 

I would expect you to be using more water to rinse at present as in this heat heat the evaporation rate on hot glass can be fierce

We use hot water all year round it’s very hot at the moment evan on the lowest setting but no issues with spotting just rinse well shouldn’t make any difference to normal 
Actually that’s really interesting. I read on one of the American forums that warm/hot water on hot glass doesn’t evaporate as quickly.

Got to agree with others who already said. If your water is  pure drying time is no issue. Long as you rinsing probably. I have my flow on fairly high always as faster and better rince. I turned it up a bit more recently as you can realy see the dust on the glass. Especially top openers. This dust is hot and dry so will absorb a lot of water. 

Latest Posts

Back